Mid Season Blips

First of all, I'd like to have a little brag! I've played the CM/FM series and for the first time EVER I've played more than one season. Was in my fourth season in fact, before my laptop decided to overheat. Now I can't bring myself to go back to the game, despite having led Leicester to the Premiership and having a bloody good team!

Despite my success, I had reached those dizzy heights through the playoffs and failed to win a cup (I really wanted to win the LDV but crashed out to dismal Cheltenham). I seem to enjoy wonderful runs of form early in the season, but in the middle and end of the season my team look woeful and my strikers short of ideas. I do have a preseason with the standard 5/6 friendlies and I do adapt my training to have intensive fitness work - am I doing something wrong? I occasionally give the players a break from training etc. although perhaps only a couple of days off a season. Is this enough? How can I keep my team winning, or are mid season blips just a fact of life?

I'm about to start a new game - Port Vale - and am determined to get as far! I lost 5 days of real time.... devastating! Time to buy a new laptop me thinks...

You need to adjust your tactics. The AI changes it's evaluation of you in an ongoing process, a bit at a time. Usually, by mid-November or so, those changes (assuming you've been doing well) have probably reached a degree that they are approaching you differently, so what worked for you at the beginning of the season will no longer work. It'll happen again around March or so .....

Archived