is it cheating if u create urself as a player?

I use my nom de plume for my manager, and my real name for "me." "I" am realistic in my height and weight, but I lie a bit with my fitness and age. Just a wee bit....

"I" start as a 15-year-old kid with not much CA but -10 PA, and "I" am the only player on my fictional team's roster when the game starts.

If it's really for text speak, I think it's pretty harsh. I've seen many others using text speak without being warned or receiving an infraction.

If you click on the red card you can see what the infraction was for.

IIRC, he has been warned for using text speak several times before. So maybe it wasn't that harsh.
Not really, it's clearly stated in the House Rules that text speak is not allowed on these forums.

OK, I can see that now, should have really looked before opening my mouth. Must be all the mod hate from other threads rubbing off on me :p

quick question - im currently at year 2012 in my game. can i add a player to the database now? and he will appear as part of my team next time i load my saved game??

is that how it works?

You can if you use the unofficial savegame editor FMRTE (FM real-time editor).

The details are in the thread in the Editors' Hideaway forum.

And we're all so lucky that you are here to tell us all about them.

"Please note that we do not have a limit on the amount of characters you can type on these forums. Thus posting in abbreviated "text" speak is not permitted.

Widely used internet abbreviations such as "LOL", "ROTFL", "IMO" and "IIRC" are not subject to this rule.

Repeated breach of this rule will come under the "Warning procedure" house rule."

That what you are looking for Nomis?

"Please note that we do not have a limit on the amount of characters you can type on these forums. Thus posting in abbreviated "text" speak is not permitted.

Widely used internet abbreviations such as "LOL", "ROTFL", "IMO" and "IIRC" are not subject to this rule.

Repeated breach of this rule will come under the "Warning procedure" house rule."

That what you are looking for Nomis?

I don't see your point, and you seem to have missed mine.

I use my nom de plume for my manager, and my real name for "me." "I" am realistic in my height and weight, but I lie a bit with my fitness and age. Just a wee bit....

"I" start as a 15-year-old kid with not much CA but -10 PA, and "I" am the only player on my fictional team's roster when the game starts.

I did the same thing in my long term save, I enjoy it cause you can watch them develop over the years and eventually they can move into coaching, just adds more dimension to those long term games that I enjoy.

I think Nomis' point could be that we have enough mods on here to enforce the rules, and unfortunately enough wannabe mods as well, without you feeling the need to point out every new posters mistakes.

i was just saying, by the time you make 60 posts, you should know the rules.

And I hope you are not calling me a wannabe mod:p

I think Nomis' point could be that we have enough mods on here to enforce the rules, and unfortunately enough wannabe mods as well, without you feeling the need to point out every new posters mistakes.

Indeed, I don't have a problem with people pointing other users in the right direction or telling people about the rules, but soemtimes it can go too far.

I always have a "cheat" game on the go as well as my Man Utd and my LLM games.

My cheat game will either be my own team creation where I put people I know in the team, as well as myself, with me having pa/ca of 200 and everyone else as -10.

I also sometimes just put myself in Man Utd as a 13/14 year old with a pa of 200 and just see what happens to "me"

But as someone above said, what you do in your own game is up to you :) Just only brag about doing well if you dont modify the DB :)

Archived