A generic idea for mid-season patches

Would it be possible, without too much extra work for SI, to release complete with each patch a database / save game option which has all results & stats saved up to the cut off point (usually 2-4 weeks before patch release date)?. This would enable you to manage a team from the cut off date (eg 1/2/09) with all results to that point resloved & archived - effectively managing from mid season with the previous club position set as IRL.

id like that but you should be given the choice whether to start from the cut off point or from the begining of the season when you first start the game.

id defo give that a go if i could, makes for some interesting challenges

That would be pretty cool, would make for some awesome challenges as well.

Thats what I thought - I think we all as "managers" like that challenge of the comparison with our real counterparts.

Alternatively could such save games not be programmed by SI & added to the downloads as "challenges"? I must add that it is the real life situation that interests, a random "Holiday - for - 6 - months" created save game would not be the same thing at all.

I can't imagine SI has time to do that amount of work across so many leagues.

It's not just the league table, it's appearances, and stats and altogether too much work for a team already struggling to find a balance between patches and working on the next release.

You can set the table and results in FMRTE?

You can edit the table but the cups would be different.

SI could not do this anyway as then the real life fixtures would have to be in the game which they obviously don't have the license for as they are not in it now.

"Without too much extra work for SI"??

Erm... archiving every result for every team in the game so it is accurate halfway through the season? surely that would also involve player appearances, goals, assists, disciplinary points and a whole wealth of things.

Why not just start your game in Brazil in January? That way the stats will be accurate for every team.

"Without too much extra work for SI"??

Erm... archiving every result for every team in the game so it is accurate halfway through the season? surely that would also involve player appearances, goals, assists, disciplinary points and a whole wealth of things.

Why not just start your game in Brazil in January? That way the stats will be accurate for every team.

That was my concern! - But if I do the Brazil thing will the Eng details be upto date for Jan or will results be randomly generated to that point?

That was my concern! - But if I do the Brazil thing will the Eng details be upto date for Jan or will results be randomly generated to that point?

Random, unfortunately. The Brazil league, on the other hand, will be really accurate as it won't have started!

I don't understand why people like patches including the latest transfers on the database. Its unrealistic as hell, for example Tottenham having a different manager than they actually had at the start of the reason and different strikers. I prefer to bring it back to the original database but play with the latest patch. Anyone else as pedantic as me?

I don't understand why people like patches including the latest transfers on the database. Its unrealistic as hell, for example Tottenham having a different manager than they actually had at the start of the reason and different strikers. I prefer to bring it back to the original database but play with the latest patch. Anyone else as pedantic as me?

You can already do that.

Just load a league with a different start date. Brazil for December, and leagues like Sweden and Russia have start dates in January and February.

Untick 'budgets in first transfer window' and it goes perfectly with the 9.3.0 data from the January window.

I feel the same way but sometimes I like to start a game with January transfers and let the game start in January 2009.

Archived