Help needed, buy FM09?

Hey, haven't posted on these forums since a couple of days after the release of the FM09 demo. And by now you've probably guessed I didn't post because it didn't work and I didn't think it ever would.

What I want to know is that if the demo didn't work back then, will the proper game and latest patch work on my computer now? I won't even mind if I don't get the 3D thing, btw how many use it and is it good?

Cheers! :-)

I am not sure if you remember the error message you received when the demo would not launch, but if it is this - “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application”, the solution is the following:

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

I had experienced this issue myself so hopefully it is this that is hindering your application launch, rather than an incompatible system. :thup:

Thanks Ediocy, does this include the 'Football manager 2009 install directory does not exist. Please install Football Manager 2009 again before installing it.'

But if this is the demo then why should I need to install something else first?

Thanks Ediocy, does this include the 'Football manager 2009 install directory does not exist. Please install Football Manager 2009 again before installing it.'

But if this is the demo then why should I need to install something else first?

Don't think I have seen that error before :confused:

When does this come up? After you have installed the demo and tried to run it?

FTG- It comes up after I have downloaded it and extracted it to my folders and when I try and open it to presumebly downlaod properly it comes up with that message?

Will try something else and report if it doesn't work.

TBH, little confused by what you have said there, what do you mean by "extracted it to my folders and when I try and open it to presumebly downlaod properly"?

Sorry for double post...

Just redownloaded the original demo (first patch) and cannot run due to graphics failure? I take it that means I need a new computer to play this game now?

Try the following:

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Update:: After downloading that thing I can now get it open until ti starts flashing with the letter 'L' and a few lines... and then it closes :(

Could you post your system specs up now please? May help to ascertain what is causing these problems

Archived