Buying English Players

My last starting lineup contained precisely one English player, with 1 more on the bench.

I buy whoever is going to work out best for the team, if they're English then that's great but if not then so be it. The only problem comes in Europe, when you need 8 players trained in England. I do struggle with that and normally have to name a few kids in the squad.

Only Theo Walcott and Kyle Bartley are the only Englush players in my team, I buy the best players with the best potential and the best ability, whether they are Chinese or English, I don't care.

I'm not very patriotic at all, but it does annoy me that in real life England is a poor team thesedays and the Premiership clubs have hardly any domestic players. If I was a real life manager, I would try and help the English side by helping nurture and promote good English players to the forefront of my premiership team.

Also, it stops language barriers and adaptability problems. However, I don't solely buy English players. I prefer to, but its not vital.

i have always since day 1 of me playing FM(CM) bought the best player for the position. but then i have always liked to have at least a couple english players especially young ones in the team. i can rememeber having a young english kid named tim sparv... wasnt that good but he was my supersub in the champions league final scoring the winning goal.

on my current save i have just started as liverpool so i have not bought any players for the first team in the first season. instead i have bought 6 players 4 english 1 scottish and one itallian. all with great potential and i hpe that in around 3 seasons i be able to get a very english feel to the club if im still doing their ( ussualy i quit after 2 seasons)

I will try to buy English players, but if there is someone better in that position, from a different country, I would sign them. I was thinking one day of doing a story of a team called England FC, starting in the BSS, where all the team is English, and that I would end the story on the day that England started a game with a starting 11 comprised only of England FC players. Obviously would be hard, but it would awesome.

After winning EVERYTHING for 4 years running i decided to try it with an all ENGLISH (not British) side. It was hard to do when the players are well known but once you start getting the regens is it farily easy and cheap. My entire 1st team cost me roughly £45m, that included 1 defender for £30m, the rest i snapped up for £2m a piece when they were about 18, along with some of my own youth players. I managed to find 6 world-class players but 4 of them wanted a different challenge and asked to be listed. Cannot grumble tho as each of these i sold for around £40m each!!

I'm not one who always buys English players, but i will always look to have my squad dominated by domestic players, whatever the country is that i'm managing in. Not sure why really, but i guess i feel the fans would be more proud of a team full of dometic players as opposed to mostly foreigners.

I'm not one who always buys English players, but i will always look to have my squad dominated by domestic players, whatever the country is that i'm managing in. Not sure why really, but i guess i feel the fans would be more proud of a team full of dometic players as opposed to mostly foreigners.

I try to do this as well. Currently in Portugal, but it is difficult as most of the quality Portuguese players are owned by the big 3 (Sporting, Porto & Benfica) and usually on ridiculous wages that you can't afford. So, its difficult to achieve and remain competitive.

I think only few users do that as a patriotic thing (which might in these circumstances be somewhat euphemistic even), but more do it as a challenge because obviously it makes the game harder if you restrict yourself to any specific group of players.

I generally play like OP, buying the best players I can get for my money. Usually that means I sign few English players as they are more expensive than others of the same talent.

Yet, if there are two players of about the same quality for about the same price I always sign the one who is from the nation of my club. There is the gameplay advantage of language and no need for adaption, but I also do that forreasons of 'local affinity' of the fans (assuming irl fans prefer having a few homies in the team). As most people play in the English leagues, buying English players is the most frequent consequence of such behaviour.

Archived