Penalty Encroachment

Hi

Just for curiosities sake, has anybody had to retake a penalty for encroachment?

Its not major, but I just noticed that the in the 2d screen, the players kind of just stand around outside the box.

It may be meaningful when the penalty is saved or a poster and players are going for a rebound.

IRL, most penalties have some sort of encroachment because players are so keen to get a good position.

Never seen such an incident in FM before.

I have however seen the message where the goalkeeper complains about the ball not being placed properly on the spot before the kick is taken. I believe the purpose of the message is purely cosmetic though and no unfair advantage was given to the penalty taker.

Never seen such an incident in FM before.

I have however seen the message where the goalkeeper complains about the ball not being placed properly on the spot before the kick is taken. I believe the purpose of the message is purely cosmetic though and no unfair advantage was given to the penalty taker.

The last time I remember a penalty being retaken was in the old Champ Managers. Not sure if it's in FM, but I like this as a feature, albeit a rare one (I'd chuck indirect freekicks for passback and sendings off for handling outside the area into the mix as well).

The last time I remember a penalty being retaken was in the old Champ Managers. Not sure if it's in FM, but I like this as a feature, albeit a rare one (I'd chuck indirect freekicks for passback and sendings off for handling outside the area into the mix as well).

Hmm now that this is mentioned, I do not think I have seen any backpass to goalkeeper incidents before in FM. Has anyone else ever seen this in FM09, along with the OP's query? I know goalkeepers being carded for handling outside the penalty area occurs for sure.

Oh and yes, I do remember referees blowing for the retaking of penalty kicks in the old CMs too! :)

Archived