state of the art youth facilities + youth academy. Is it just cosmetics?

My Leeds team has the best facilities available in the game, yet, into my 5th season, I only have 2-3 back-up players who came from my youth team. Seems like every other teams regens are better than mine. I always have to buy young talents. It is annoying.

Anyone else having the same problem?

thing is you cant expect just bescause you've got great facilities that your going to get some sort of monster regens every year. Just doesn't work like that. The better the youth facilities the better your youth will train which aids in their development. The youth academy plus some good youth coaches will help but not garantee you'll get good regens.

When I was at AFC Wimbledon (best training facilities in the world) I never got anything worth mentioning to the first team. However with Fiorentina I've had one who's got on to be a world class centreback and one backup but that's it in 6 seasons. So it's about luck really.

When I was at AFC Wimbledon (best training facilities in the world) I never got anything worth mentioning to the first team. However with Fiorentina I've had one who's got on to be a world class centreback and one backup but that's it in 6 seasons. So it's about luck really.

Maybe more reutation than luck. A superkid is more likely to apply to the academy of a top club than a low rep one.

i'm not sure but leeds should have a decent regen rate anyway

aaron lennon - spurs

james milner - aston villa

scott carson - WBA?

alan smith - newcastle

fabian delph - leeds

paul robinson - blackburn

and many more have all come from leeds and are still going strong in the premier league

i'm not sure but leeds should have a decent regen rate anyway

aaron lennon - spurs

james milner - aston villa

scott carson - WBA?

alan smith - newcastle

fabian delph - leeds

paul robinson - blackburn

and many more have all come from leeds and are still going strong in the premier league

Yes, these six players are good, but let's have a look at them...

Lennon promoted in 2003

Milner 2002

Carson 2005

Smith 1998

Delph 2007

Robinson 1997 from York's academy

So only five of them were from Leeds and this covers a period of over 10 years. Notice also that they joined the academy when Leeds were a top team (Delph joined the academy in 2001).

So if you have got Leeds promoted back into a good premier club you could expect a player with the potential of a Lennon/Milner/Carson/Smith/Delph once every two years. If you are L1 or Championship then they should be very rare.

Bromley Raven, that is a good post.

And, I agree, you can't expect world-beaters every year.

Plus, none of them have gone on to be world-class so, a world-class player could be once every 10 or 20 years.

They are all good premiership players though(except delph) and so, you should expect some talent.

The better the youth facilities the better your youth will train which aids in their development. The youth academy plus some good youth coaches will help but not garantee you'll get good regens.

So good youth coaches help in better youth players coming through? whats it based on? their reputation? JPP?

please help thanks.

So good youth coaches help in better youth players coming through? whats it based on? their reputation? JPP?

please help thanks.

That doesn't strike me as correct or logical. Youth coaches only help the youths that are in the U18 squad already; reputation is the factor that attracts them to it - and other factors as suggested in the thread.

The qualiuty of your regens seems to depend on your club rep and your facilities. Since 80% of the clubs in the game will have a good rep AND good facilities at game start, you can expect them to get some decent regens. The issues seem to arise when ambitious clubs go on the rise and their reputation doesnt keep track with their finances/achievements. Similar issue with low rep. leagues and hugely successful clubs trapped within their confines ..

The game isn't entirely without pitty though - you can expect to get at least one 'good' player for your club rep/level every season and a slew of 'squad' make-weights. Which is enough to fill in the blanks of your transfer kitty shortfall.

One word of advise though, generally, is that kids dont start to 'peak' until 21/22 and no amount of games seems to make much difference to that.

Anyone disagree? I'd like to be wrong ..

The qualiuty of your regens seems to depend on your club rep and your facilities. Since 80% of the clubs in the game will have a good rep AND good facilities at game start, you can expect them to get some decent regens. The issues seem to arise when ambitious clubs go on the rise and their reputation doesnt keep track with their finances/achievements. Similar issue with low rep. leagues and hugely successful clubs trapped within their confines ..

The game isn't entirely without pitty though - you can expect to get at least one 'good' player for your club rep/level every season and a slew of 'squad' make-weights. Which is enough to fill in the blanks of your transfer kitty shortfall.

One word of advise though, generally, is that kids dont start to 'peak' until 21/22 and no amount of games seems to make much difference to that.

Anyone disagree? I'd like to be wrong ..

Most players don't start to peak until that age IRL, some rare examples do.

I have had a couple of really good players who have gone into the first team at 17-20 and played well and regularly

Most players don't start to peak until that age IRL, some rare examples do.

I have had a couple of really good players who have gone into the first team at 17-20 and played well and regularly

True .. I'm not complaining. :)

I have had a couple of guys become wonderkids after entering the team at 18 and playing full seasons etc.

Just a guideline really: dont get frustrated and sell them if they dont become world class before 22 ish.

I find that I can spent years developing a player then bang, someone is available for free thats the finished article. That sucks. :)

The one thing I am fairly sure doesnt work is young goalkeepers. Always worth playing an experienced, half decent stopper imho.

I manage with young keepers OK, bought a 21 y/o Portugese guy he ended up in their world cup winning team and is still my number 1

I manage with young keepers OK, bought a 21 y/o Portugese guy he ended up in their world cup winning team and is still my number 1

Hehe by young I mean 18 .. :) But thats given me hope. I caved on my experiment when my wonderkid keeper conceeded an average of 2.5 a game for an entire season.

In my current save at my last club (FC United in Conference & League Two), I had a young goalkeeper that was a very promising prospect, and he became my vice captain aged 19.

Quality youths do come through, I remember on one of my epic Billericay saves I got a wonderkid striker come through my youth team. He was capped by England... then I got sacked when he was still only 21.

Archived