Your Favourite Game (Match)?

Self-explanatory title, though by 'game' I mean match!

Right, I just had mine now, I'm managing Swindon, got them into the top flight by 2010 (lol!), about half way through the season, and about to play Sunderland, so not exactly a big game, but it was great none the less...

We went 2-0 down after about 10 minutes, so me being the tactical genious I am, I changed to a more attacking set-up...

We won 4-2 ;):)

What's your favourite game?

Palermo 5-4 Manchester United in our first Champions League final...in 08 anyways. In 09 probably Roma 1-7 Palermo. They had a lot of injuries and the massive amount of red cards helped us along.

Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool.

Sorry, that was in real life, but sweet nonetheless!

lol definently my favourite too!:D

But in the game i was 3-0 down as Liverpool against man utd on the fm 2008 demo and i brought voronin on at half time and he scored 4 goals! Full time score: 4-3.

Arsenal vs Liverpool FA Cup Semi-Final (I'm Liverpool)

H-T 3-1 omg surely it's over, but there is hope I scored the last goal before half-time

say to the lads "Pleased" bit of a gamble but they were playing well

omg 3-2 withing 2 minutes we're back in it

75th minute bring on Babel for Dos Santos

omg 80th Minute 3-3

then 4 minutes minimum added time

95th Minute ball floated in Almunia misses it, Ryan Babel is just behind him to head it home 4-3 fantastic best game of my life

Xx

Rangers 1 - Celtic 2

The Old Firm games had gone predictably for the las two seasons, with both teams only winning at home, then in my third season I finally managed to get a win at Ibrox, just a shame I'm still 9 points behind them in the league:(

lol definently my favourite too!:D

But in the game i was 3-0 down as Liverpool against man utd on the fm 2008 demo and i brought voronin on at half time and he scored 4 goals! Full time score: 4-3.

4 goals from Voronin?? Who says FM isn't realistic...

Just had mine :D Lost 2-3 to Arsenal, the holders, in the Champions League quarter final as Real Sociead in 2014. Return leg, go a goal down (2-4). Then we level it at half time 1-1 but still 3-4 down :(. We batter all game at their goal but struggle, having a goal dissallowed for offside. Then, with 10 seconds of added time left, Henri Saivet is put through to score, and was a good yard offside! It's not spotted and we knock the holders out on away goals! HAHA!

Chaves (portugese third league promotion playoff) had to battle through the end of the season to get through to this and somehow took Atletico CP apart, 5 - 0, right back scored a screamer, cracking game, thought i would have to wait till next season for promotion.

In this particular save, it's probably been in my first season when I got Gateshead through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup. We drew Man United away at Old Trafford.

I got humped 4-0, but the match brought £1m into the coffers which gave us the financial clout to buy some decent players and get promoted. Things snowballed and 8 years later we're now in the Premier League ourselves, but even though we got thrashed it probably all stems back to getting a lucky draw in the cup.

N Ireland 2-1 England - Euro 2024 semi-final

England scored early in the second half to take the lead, then they got a penalty with my centre-back sent off with 20 minutes to go. Game over. But my keeper made a fantasic save and with 5 minutes to go we got an equaliser against all odds. Then a tight extra-time ended with us scoring with pretty much the last kick of the game to send us through to the final. I was happy.

Inter 7-1 AC Milan

Serie A (forgot which year, but it was around 2012-2013). Loved it! :D They didn't actually play that badly, it was just a game when Ibrahimovic decided to turn up ;)

There was no need to highlight that you were managing Inter.

If you were AC Milan you would not have posted that in this thread;)

There was no need to highlight that you were managing Inter.

If you were AC Milan you would not have posted that in this thread;)

Lol. You never know :D I may have just enjoyed the performance but lost the game, or something like that? :p

I'm just too helpful sometimes ;)

Lol. You never know :D I may have just enjoyed the performance but lost the game, or something like that? :p

I'm just too helpful sometimes ;)

If that was me I would be hiding, your fans would not like to be losing to your main rivals, especially by that goal margin

Fortunately you were on the winning side:p

Fortunately you were on the winning side:p

Not as often as I would have liked though!

I will try and get a screenshot too. Although I think it was too long ago to get the match screen back, so I may get the fixture list up instead, because at least these are saved

Probably was an early game on FM08 - I ended up taking over Lecce after being fired after a Fulham takeover a few seasons in. They were in Serie B and I was pushing for promotion. Was playing Bologna at home and was 5-0 down at half-time. I think I used the "none" team-talk and by the 80th minute was at 5-5 - I hit the bar in the 89th and actually felt frustrated at not getting the three points. Needless to say, in hindsight, I was delighted with the point.

Probably was an early game on FM08 - I ended up taking over Lecce after being fired after a Fulham takeover a few seasons in. They were in Serie B and I was pushing for promotion. Was playing Bologna at home and was 5-0 down at half-time. I think I used the "none" team-talk and by the 80th minute was at 5-5 - I hit the bar in the 89th and actually felt frustrated at not getting the three points. Needless to say, in hindsight, I was delighted with the point.

That is just greedy! :D

Great result by the way ;)

Not as often as I would have liked though!

I will try and get a screenshot too. Although I think it was too long ago to get the match screen back, so I may get the fixture list up instead, because at least these are saved

There's the pic. I really was managing them; I had since moved onto Arsenal due to my failure to win the Champions League at Inter :(

29IntervMilan.jpg

Ive just had one of mine.

Played liverpool in league cup as Arsenal. Liverpool go full strength i play my youngsters.

a62l.jpg

These were the teams.

a62lteams.jpg

Of my team only Balotelli is in the starting 11.

Liverpool at full strength

Ive just had one of mine.

Played liverpool in league cup as Arsenal. Liverpool go full strength i play my youngsters.

a62l.jpg

These were the teams.

a62lteams.jpg

Of my team only Balotelli is in the starting 11.

Liverpool at full strength

They are hardly at full strength without Torres. Still a good result though.

Archived