IDEA: Further assman feedback for better tactics

After reading the countless frustrated posts, and experiencing little success in 9.3.0, I thought it may be helpful, and indeed enlightening, for the assman feedback to include certain references to specific slider settings, as it relates to the on-field effects.

For example, "your fast tempo is leading to hurried possession and a lack of CCCs," instead of the current feedback of "our finishing has been woeful," or something along those lines.

I think that having more explicit feedback about visible instances may help to shed some light on how specific tactical instructions translate into player/team actions.

As another example, you might get the feedback of "the team is not keeping it's shape, and Player X is especially out of position, due to his excessively high creative freedom," if that is indeed what is causing it.

Of course, it would be fair to assume that assistants with higher tactical knowledge would be able to give more in-depth analysis of your tactics, but I think you get the idea.

Good or bad idea? Any changes/additions? Discuss away!:)

no no no! Very bad idea!

The point of the assman feedback is to give you realistic tips which YOU have to translate into tactical tweaks. Your idea effectively means he plays FM for you. What I would like is the 9.2.0 assman feedback back - it's been toned down too much in the last patch - he's kinda mute now.

no no no! Very bad idea!

The point of the assman feedback is to give you realistic tips which YOU have to translate into tactical tweaks. Your idea effectively means he plays FM for you. What I would like is the 9.2.0 assman feedback back - it's been toned down too much in the last patch - he's kinda mute now.

That's quite a strong reaction.

To shed some light on my thinking, I feel it would be useful from an understanding the ME standpoint, but I definitely agree that there should at least be a bit more, like there was in the previous patch, he really has become quite the leper in 9.0.3.

It just seems like tactically, I am at a loss to explain a lot of what is going wrong for me, tactically, in the new patch.

At any rate, thanks for the feedback! :thup:

I never listen to my AssMan anyway...

I only have one to put the cones out in training, make me cuppas on demand and supply chewing gum during matches :D

How high are his wages? I'm only asking because how much he earns could be the difference between being classified as a man-servant versus your personal b*tch :p

Archived