I lost all my good players to Chelsea in 4 years!

Thats it! I've had it! This is friggin ridiculous! In the past 4 seasons playing as Man City, I have lost Richards, Onuoha, Adel Taarbt, and Bojinov to Chelski!

And to make things worst, it wasn't me who sold them, it was Taksin my good pal, the Chairman! Chelsea bids ridiculously high, and too good to pass for the business man!

This season, I had to rant! Cuz 3 seasons ago, I went crazy and bought Gareth Bale for 35 Million Pounds! Recently, he was sold for 17!!! And its not my doing... its friggin Taksin...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw you Abramovic! I kill you, I kill you, I kill you!!!!

Welcome to football. It happens.

The "too good to turn down" price in FM08 is usually way too low, but I do know Man City finances are a bit of a problem in the game - despite keeping within wage and transfer budgets.

I think SI have programmed the Man City chairman incorrectly. He seems to be interested purely in profit, which might be correct in the long term, but he is too short-sighted short term. They have also made him too lenient on managers; just ask Sven. Perhaps it's a real-life confidence bug.

I hope this feature continues in the future, but FM ups the limits and bases it on something obscure like a combination of form, sqaud status, first team importance, rather than what it seems to be based on now: yep, reputation again.

Originally posted by jase19:

win more so you have enough money that the chairman won't accept bids for you.

i have onuoha for hull and nobody has been able to take him off me. surely city has more money than hull.

During my 4 seasons, I've won the FA Cup and League cup already (once each). The club's money is always high at the end/start of the season, but with the transfer budget slightly less than club balance, don't be surprise if we got only half a mil at the start/mid start of the season!

During the January transfer window, the club doesn't have much left in balance... but all is recoverable at the end of the season, I'm sure the chairman knows that.

I don't think its about not having money. Its not logical... you feeling me?

Im a Inverness CT in 2011 and have finished 3rd every year and had money up to 20m.

This is still a major problem for me, its not that the chairman sells if a good offer comes in on its own. I just refuse and he leaves me be.

However if i set him to Transfer listed and not needed by club and offer him out for say 5 million.

If a bid comes in for 3milllion Savage will sell even though i could probably get atleast 7 million for the player :@:@

Originally posted by jase19:

win more so you have enough money that the chairman won't accept bids for you.

hull.

This part is not correct, I am the biggest club in the world by reputation and the 3rd richest by money. yet my Chairman still lets my young up and coming players go with offers to good to refuse.

I think the "player status" you set in the transfer screen has some bearing on it. He has never accepted bids for the First team players, or indispensable to club players. He often accepts bids for my hot prospects, annoyingly he tends to do this the season before they will break into my first team.

You can try and offer them a new contract at improved terms when he accepts a bid. If they want to stay with you they will sign your contract and ignore the one from Chelsea. Obviously, if Chelsea are a better team (reputation wise) the players will want to go there.

Shame about Micah, he is one of the best defenders of his generation on the game. He is 29 on my game and has been world class for several years, ironically I brought him from Man City and it was the manager who interfered and accepted the offer.

If you want to "cheat", on FMM you can alter your mangers "interference" down to 1, he will rarely sell the players. As a more realistic alternative, you can force a take over, set his dislike of the club to 100%, he will usually sell up in a season.

I actually forced a take over on Aston Villa by running them into debt. I brought 3 world class players for 15 million up front and 35 million over the next 24 months. This caused my next years balance to be in the red. Shortly afterwards my interfering chairman "Randy Learner" sold to a new guy. The new guy paid off the clubs debts, gave me a new transfer budget and tends to sell less players over my head. Risk here are two fold, first, the take over may not happen and you will go bankrupt, secondly, the new chairman may sack you to install his own manager.

And to make things worst, it wasn't me who sold them, it was Taksin my good pal, the Chairman! Chelsea bids ridiculously high, and too good to pass for the business man!

This season, I had to rant! Cuz 3 seasons ago, I went crazy and bought Gareth Bale for 35 Million Pounds! Recently, he was sold for 17!!! And its not my doing... its friggin Taksin...

Looks like SI have correctly modelled Thaksin.

Quite clearly he is a moron IRL so i think you should be gratefult he hasn't sacked you yet lol.

It is a little annoying when chairmen sell players when you quite clearly don't need to money, hopefully SI will have it sorted for 09.

From the sounds of it you don't really have a lot of money, you're hardly bankrupt, but not exactly wealthy either.

Therefore the chairman will sell your best players if he gets a really good offer.

You need to make more money, get the bank balance up to 40-50m and he (probably) won't sell anyone.

Originally posted by Ched:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And to make things worst, it wasn't me who sold them, it was Taksin my good pal, the Chairman! Chelsea bids ridiculously high, and too good to pass for the business man!

Looks like SI have correctly modelled Thaksin.

Quite clearly he is a moron IRL so i think you should be gratefult he hasn't sacked you yet lol.

It is a little annoying when chairmen sell players when you quite clearly don't need to money, hopefully SI will have it sorted for 09. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what we said last year for the 08 version...

Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

Hmmm, I had 20million Balance offered a player worth atleast 5mil and Chairman sold for 630k...

I think a bank balance of 40million for a team like Inverness is crazy :/

I meant for Man City

I like seeing my top players move on for large amounts of money. I can then invest the money as required and look to develop new players of the highest quality.

You have to accept that you may lose your best players from time to time. My advice is to consider offers that may be too good to refuse. This will stop an idiot chairman selling the player at a lower price in the future.

I think SI assigned Thaksin's stat incorrectly. He's supposed to be very very ambitious but with fairly low patience. I'm not sure about interference since he hasn't done any irl nesides he wants to bring in Ronaldinho, whom he personally admires.

Sometimes you have to not believe in the media. The news that said he wants to sell the whole squad, that was absolutely absurd.

I think when a "too good to turn down" bid is accepted, the chairman should look at how much the player was bought for. It's rather annoying is unrealistic to buy for 35 and sell for 17.

Also, when the offer is really good, you should consider selling. I recall buying Vela for 17M in year 2 and sold for 42M 2 years later. He's good but you can spend that on others. This world never run out of talents for football.

Originally posted by bomjr:

I've lived in Thailand during Toxin's reign. Believe me, SI couldn't be more realistic in modelling his business-dealings.

Citeh are very fortunate to have enticed such an able manager as Mark Hughes; notice how many top quality managers are snubbing Chelski. When your chairman is rich beyond belief but avaricious and clearly using the club for his own ends, you take that job at your own considerable risk.

There are two ways that sometimes work to scupper the chairman's plans. The first is to simply offer the player a big new contract. Hopefully he'll accept yours over the new club (unlikely when it's "small" club to "much bigger" club); second option, if it's likely the first won't work, is offer him to all clubs for a value of "0". If a bigger club than originally bid and was accepted by the chairman comes in, the player is more likely to go there. On the confirmation screen, cancel the transfer at the last minute.

The second is a bit of a cheat that exploits the programming, so I've only used it when the chairman accepts a bid he most definitely would not do so in real life. If the club is in debt, I tend to leave it alone, but if we're doing well and have money to burn, I try my best to hang on to them.

Try putting the asking price for your players to the max, and also tick refuse all offers in his transfer status. That should help. I've played with Man City for 3 seasons and never had my chairman interfere, and I've had some good offers (€37 million for Michael Jonhnson for example).

I always see Aguero go for large amounts of cash so I started as Atletico Madrid to see how m,uch I could sell him for offered him out for £40 million Inter offered £10.8 million and the chairman accepted. Good job I wasnt playing the game properly. It seems this feature is doesnt work properly and I would rather see it gone than in teh game and not working.

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

I always see Aguero go for large amounts of cash so I started as Atletico Madrid to see how m,uch I could sell him for offered him out for £40 million Inter offered £10.8 million and the chairman accepted. Good job I wasnt playing the game properly. It seems this feature is doesnt work properly and I would rather see it gone than in teh game and not working.

I've just had Man Utd buy him for £44.5m on my game.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Little trick for you all.

Set the players value to £20,000, click "Reject All Offers" and all the clubs will bid at around the £20,000 mark, be rejected and your board will never intervene.

Has worked wonders for me in my Dundee United game and i've just won the SPL in my fourth season (5th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st) by being able to cling onto my regens.

Naturally when you need to sell you simply offer to clubs for £20million plus and let the chairman intervene all he likes.

Fans love you, players stay, loads of money is made.

Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

Odd, I'd say having scolari, Rijkaard and Mancini snapping at the heels of the Chelsea job, a few people do indeed want it..

Are you sure? Cam you produce one media quote - even one made up the the super soar-away Sun - to back that up?

The only manager I've noticed 'snapping' at anyone's 'heels' is that sad clown McLaren. I'm just awaiting the Blackburn chairman's response, "We're in no hurry to draw up a short-list but I can assure the fans McClown's application has already been filed in the bin!" icon_biggrin.gif

Archived