A small career game improvement: promotion between two non-playable leagues

Not sure if it is possible, but I imagine it isn't exactly rocket science, especially if they can programme teams to go to the champions league from non-playable leagues, so I wonder if this has been thought of.

I consider it a career game improvement because say if in the English leagues, you are playing for 20 years, you know that there are only 216 teams who will ever be able to get promotion or relegation. Don't get me wrong, that is quite a lot, but imagine the possibilities if every team in the game could get there. It would make it more fun for some people to perhaps one day get to play their local team in the BSS/N, or an experiment where someone holidays for 100 years of game time, and see how much England had changed e.g. perhaps Man Utd are unplayable, and some random team are ruling the premier league.

I know data might be hard, but I suppose regens could be made for teams.

Any thoughts, and would this be feasible?

All they'd have to ensure is that the code for season 1-2 only allowed the current promotables up, 3-5 the next level (already given a league in the database i believe) with all other "will never be promoted" teams able to randomly go up after say 6 seasons, to realistically give them time to climb to the conference N/S.

Archived