Is FM09 Worth Buying

I've so far resisted the urge to buy FM09 as I have very limited time to play the game so have been persevering with FM08. However as it almost St Patricks Day and I am getting bored with FM08 I might just splash out.

One of the annoying things about FM08 is that nobody seems to get sacked so there seem to be very few vacancies to move to - in FM09 is it easier to move jobs? Not looking to move from Carlisle to Real Madrid but in FM 08 managing in the bundesliga and with a rep of national I couldn't get jobs in the Coca Cola League 1! Its ruined that game for me.

What about FM09???

definate buy. ive just started a new season with benfica and my first league game is approaching after my pre -season. only got 6.5 mill to get a new player but havent found anyone who tickles my fancy yet and time is running out!! oh my cholestral is going through the roof.

In fairness, no it wasnt.

The new patch has made the game good and I am enjoying it now.

3D match engine is not that great, i only watch it to see replays on really good goals, other than that i dont touch it.

Italian transfers are screwed , they waste stupid money on joint ownership

Man City also make stupid use of thier infinate money cheat

As a whole its improved though

Id recomend not using the Italian leagues to play and not playing a strat using a AMC.

its a big no no ... has to be the wrose yet .... make sure you have a high end pc ...

theres far too many bugs for you to pay your money to play it

thank god that fm2010 wont be coming out . with the news that cm are sueing fm for the use of there 3d

• Administrators

Although I may be a tad bias I would certainly say FM09 is worth a purchase, especially with the 9.3 patch now out. I would also say with a quick search on the 'net you could probably find it for well below £20 which for the hours you could get out of it is a bit of a bargain.

Oh? Care to provide a link to the news item?

Or are you making that up....inclined to believe the latter, since you don't know the difference between their and there....

Don't mind sparks from seeing his words in other posts he seems to be CMs marketing man.

Is it worth £20, yes, is it worth the hours it now takes fiddling around with sliders etc, no

If you are a fan of chess and reading War and Peace you'll love it, if you're just a football fan looking for a couple of hours fun of an evening, you'll hate it

its a big no no ... has to be the wrose yet .... make sure you have a high end pc ...

theres far too many bugs for you to pay your money to play it

thank god that fm2010 wont be coming out . with the news that cm are sueing fm for the use of there 3d

Someone copied my homework once.

Should I sue him?

silly question really because its definately worth buying.

Not a silly question, simply reading these forums can change your mind, reading about all the reported bugs and problems could be enough for someone to decide that they wont be buying it.

I've so far resisted the urge to buy FM09 as I have very limited time to play the game so have been persevering with FM08. However as it almost St Patricks Day and I am getting bored with FM08 I might just splash out.

One of the annoying things about FM08 is that nobody seems to get sacked so there seem to be very few vacancies to move to - in FM09 is it easier to move jobs? Not looking to move from Carlisle to Real Madrid but in FM 08 managing in the bundesliga and with a rep of national I couldn't get jobs in the Coca Cola League 1! Its ruined that game for me.

What about FM09???

How do you have enough time to play FM08 but not FM09?

how can u say 07 is better than 09, 09 is 07 but suped up.

I think every feature FM could have to be a good game was present in FM07. After that, only useless and boring features that makes the game slower, like press conferences - the most boring feature ever. I loved the 3d, but I still think FM07 is more fun. I play since CM2, and I used to think the game was getting better every year, but something happened after 2007.

its like saying i much rather play my xbox than my xbox 360.

I'm not very into PC world, but Windows Vista is better than XP? There are a lot o new features in FM, but none of them (apart of 3d) were for better.

Although I may be a tad bias I would certainly say FM09 is worth a purchase, especially with the 9.3 patch now out. I would also say with a quick search on the 'net you could probably find it for well below £20 which for the hours you could get out of it is a bit of a bargain.

and the main reason you can find it for a low price is because no one wants it

and the main reason you can find it for a low price is because no one wants it

Why on earth are you posting on GD if all you have to do is critisise the game?

Anything you have said against the game has not been constructive and you are wasting noones time but your own. If you dont like the game, may i suggest another forum?

sparks you are beyond pathetic... you've come in here sprouting crap about lawsuits and yet have not answered them with any evidence

oh and people aren't buying fm09? lol yeah right

Agreed, no evidence to back up claims.

And if noone had bought FM09, i guarantee this thread or any others would exist, let alone the forums.

The question is have you enjoyed FM08? You don't actually say in your opening post, just that you persevered with it.

FM09 is certainly more time consuming than '08, and if you haven't got a decent PC it can be quite slow, so if you have little time to play '08 you'll get through less seasons in that time on '09.

On the plus side it has some good features; the 3D is excellent imo, the regens are much better and... actually that's it, I personally can't think of another thing I prefer in '09 over '08.

If you like the idea of playing a slightly slower and more complex version of '08 in 3D then buy '09. If you don't then just get an '09 data update for '08.

Archived