Always ANGRY at half time - Does it really work 4u?

Hi all,

i found this on a different forum,

" advising on HT talks: be angry all the time. It works, and your players don't get mad. At the end always praise the good rated and say nothing to the bad rated. Last night I had a cup game against a inferior team. At half time was winning 3-0. After being very irritated at HT talks, they made a fabolous 2nd half, end up winning 8-0..."

Ive given it a try on my game and although it might be unrealistic, it seems to work very well, 9 out of 10 id say! (either league, cup or any sort of match).

Pls give feedback - Cheers

The question i wiold ask is why or how the game decides on which options it gives to you at half time?

That's what I want to know. I HATE it when I'm winning 2-0 at the half and the only thing I can tell the team is that I'm "pleased". I just KNOW the other team will mount a comeback and they usually do. I would rather just "encourage" and not risk my team being too complacent in the second half.

That's what I want to know. I HATE it when I'm winning 2-0 at the half and the only thing I can tell the team is that I'm "pleased". I just KNOW the other team will mount a comeback and they usually do. I would rather just "encourage" and not risk my team being too complacent in the second half.

often have this issue myself.

Players dont seem to like dont get complacent, but telling the team you are pleased seems to guarentee an onslaught from the opposing team in the second half.

often have this issue myself.

Players dont seem to like dont get complacent, but telling the team you are pleased seems to guarentee an onslaught from the opposing team in the second half.

Some players don't seem to like "Don't get complacent" , your right there. But I've always found it works very well. As long as you recognise the good performance at the end of the game (assuming there is one, of course) it is always forgotten, it seems.

Hi all,

i found this on a different forum,

" advising on HT talks: be angry all the time. It works, and your players don't get mad. At the end always praise the good rated and say nothing to the bad rated. Last night I had a cup game against a inferior team. At half time was winning 3-0. After being very irritated at HT talks, they made a fabolous 2nd half, end up winning 8-0..."

Ive given it a try on my game and although it might be unrealistic, it seems to work very well, 9 out of 10 id say! (either league, cup or any sort of match).

Pls give feedback - Cheers

I usually give my player's the hairdryer treatment when their motivation after the first half is shabbily poor in matches they are expected to dominate. Most of the time it works and some players are roused up into performing in the second half.

A recent example I have is this screenshot below:

AngryHalf-TimeTalk.jpg

The match was tied at 0-0 going into half time, but ended 2-0 to my team after the second half. The ST provided two assists for the goals scored by the fired-up MC and DR. :thup:

I do not lay into my team if they are under-performing against opponents who are heavy favourites to win or draw the match however. Doing so would only add to the pressure my team is facing and more than likely lead to them making mistakes and conceding goals.

Archived