Tycoon takeover, how long does it takes ?

I never had the club, where I manage, taken over before. I'm currently in 2014 (september). In august, a news popped out saying that a tycoon is interested in taking over the club.

Club info screen it says: "In the process of board takeover". Any idea how much does it take for the deal to go through ? What's your experience on this ?

a up mate it willl take as long as it can, ow long is a piece of string, and then again it collapse but if it does happen it will change your club alot as you will be always given alot of money to spend and there will be huge investment in your club facilities. hope dis helps

Ok so the takeover did go through but there was no tycoon, but a "consortium". So what's the difference ? Is the consortium the same thing as a tycoon or... less money ?

After the deal went through the new chaiman said there will be more money for transfer and that they will invest in the facilities, (current month - May) but my transfer budget is pretty much the same.

Tycoons will just constantly throw money at the club until the club is amongst the best in the world/ they get bored.

Consortiums are just a normal takeover, and you probably won't notice anything different from your previous board.

Club info screen it says: "In the process of board takeover". Any idea how much does it take for the deal to go through ? What's your experience on this ?

I had this happen to me after 3 years into the game and it happened as soon as the season had finished so i was unable to purchase players in the pre season AND it was not resolved by January so i missed that transfer window also. In the end, it was resolved by March with the tycoon not being successful in the take over and a fellow board member took over with no investment at all....A complete waste of time in my case.

I had this happen to me after 3 years into the game and it happened as soon as the season had finished so i was unable to purchase players in the pre season AND it was not resolved by January so i missed that transfer window also. In the end, it was resolved by March with the tycoon not being successful in the take over and a fellow board member took over with no investment at all....A complete waste of time in my case.

Sounds like what happened to Birmingham IRL.

I had a board takeover at liverpool too, I thought Yes more money no debt. An other board member took over same debt, same money. All that changed was the chairman no loved the club so I was saddled with financing 2.7m a month loan payment from 2010 to 2019. So beware not always a good think.

Archived