Leagues

Which best describes your FM games  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes your FM games

• I only play in the English Premier League
    • I run all of the 'major' European Leagues, but only manage in the EPL
    • I run all of the major leagues, and I have managed in them or intend to do so at some point
    • I run major and minor leagues in Europe, but don't intend to manage there
    • I run major and minor European Leagues, including small countries, and manage in them.
    • I run all the major leagues and some from S. America but don't intend to manage there.
    • I run leagues from Europe and S. America and would manage in any of them
    • I run as many leagues as my computer would run, but do not manage outside of the EPL
    • I run as many leagues as possible, and would manage anywhere in the game world.

Hola.

I've just scanned the 'League Specific Issues' forum, and it's an eye-opener. As you may or may not be aware, I have played the Argentinian leagues in FM09 and found the situation is pretty abysmal. On the other hand, after looking through the forums, it seems that other divisions such as Spain, Scotland, and Australia are also in a similar state of disrepair.

Regardless, this isn't a whinge thread, this is a chance to ask you all which leagues you play in, which you have running, and the level of interest you have in them. Please select the best option from the list below.

In my current save as Celtic manager I have twelve leagues from 4 nations running, England, Scotland Italy and Spain, my plan is to hopefully manage a top club in each nation and end up at Man U where I aim to emulate Fergie and win as many trophies as possible till I retire (when fm10 comes out) or I get sacked (which is probs much more likely than retiring at the top tbf).

I've gone for European and South American leagues and will play in any of them, but I also load and play in MLS. Have no interest at all in any leagues besides the European ones, MLS, Argentina and Brazil though.

You should try reading the list of issues with MLS (although to be fair, I guess there is an awful load to program specifically for that, that'll never be used anywhere else).

I agree. On the other hand, why put any of these leagues in if they can't be done right? Again, after reading the MLS thread, it seems that the most frustrating aspect is simply SI not caring enough to actually put a concerted effort into fixing them. It seems (at least from those that have already voted) that there's a substantial amount of players that play outside of England and Europe.

"I run as many leagues as possible, and would manage anywhere in the game world." got my vote and has the higher percentage at the time I posted.

I think that before SI entertain any ideas of any additional league, not they they are at present, they should first fix the problems with the leagues already featured. Although I have yet to play any of the leagues quoted as having problems in any of my current saves, it's perhaps inderectly affected my in-game choices and especially with career games.

Since the early days of the game, each time they've included more leagues, I've played them at some point or another. If they're in the game I'll have a go at them. Makes sense really. :D

I play MLS exclusively, and follow Mexico's top division (for fair match ups in the Champion's League and SuperLiga) as well as the top English, Italian, French, Spanish and German leagues, just to see what potential jobs I could attract. Tried playing a lower league in England once, but got frustrated that I couldn't sign any MLS players despite offering them a significant pay raise.

So considering that nearly 85% of the people who've voted so far choose to manage abroad at some point, I think it's fair that we ask SI to get these leagues up to the same standard as the English Premier League don't you?

Personally I choose to start my career at low level countries, and work my way up to the top, but I've found bugs in every league I've played in so far. It's a nightmare that could easily have been solved with adequate playtesting.

I'd say that this part of the forum represents the playerbase as a whole, better than any other part. There are people from all different backgrounds, but unfortunately, at some point, SI have fallen into a trap of catering for the 7-8% of the players, the ones who literally only care about how accurate the EPL is. I think with any luck, they will realise that they can't include leagues that are riddled with bugs, then use that fact as some kind of indication of their level of research.

Doubtless PaulC is sitting there telling himself that GQ doesn't represent a true portion of the people that buy this game, but he's wrong. There are *****, there are simpletons, and there are geniuses. Forums have moved beyond being only for the serious enthusiast, it's about time SI realised that.

^ To be honest, SI should really include Cyprus, Egypt and one of the other Middle-Eastern leagues.

A few guys at FMGreece put together a Cyprus database which is excellent, but the FM editor doesn't allow the Cypiot league to be done properly (there are group stages at the end of the season). Just ask these guys to do the work, and set up the Cypriot league properly and Cyprus is in the game just like that. Several Cypriot youngsters are now moving abroad to top English clubs, and several well known players are now playing in Cyprus...So really, the league would have a good amount of interest.

I don't know as much about the other leagues, but Egypt and say the Qatari league both have good players and therefore would gain a good amount of interest.

I'll be honest, as much as I like to see more leagues, I think it's about time that SI started putting some furniture into the mansion, rather than just gloating about how big their house is.

Substance for sure. The Premiership is good, but in alot of the other leagues things are really poor.

I still think however, that SI are missing a few decent leagues.

You wouldn't want it to be like the Belarus league though :D

In the Belarus leagues it seems that there is a problem with The Highest League Relegating 3 teams each season and the First League only promoting one. I have a long term holiday game running to see if this changes further in the future, but it is a problem at least the first two seasons.

Season 1 - BHL = 16 Teams B1L = 14 teams,

Season 2 - BHL = 14 Teams, BIL = 16 Teams,

Season 3 - BHL = 12 Teams, BIL = 18 Teams.

Could someone else please look into this as well?

I think this is a bug which is related to the number of teams in the league reducing. Anyone who's played into the 3rd season will know that as you go down to 12 teams you change from playing everyone twice to playing everyone 4 times, meaning 44 games in a league season. Now I don't know how it works in real life but I'm sure they must have expanded the season length to accomodate the extra games. It surely doesn't work like this:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3396/jokep.jpg

As you can see I played a game almost every day for the last 2 and a half weeks on the season, surely a bug?

EDIT: The problem with it is obviously that all my players have conditions of about 70-80% because they can't play that many games that frequently and in the Belarusian league only registered players can be used so my reserves are useless...

Yes it is very big mistake. It can be even 2 games in 1 day!!!

Becouse of it Belarusian league almost unplayable (after 2011)

It must be changed...

Ugh,that's awful. As you say, why do they include leagues when they get even the most basic of things wrong with it?

In the Belarus case they do have the basics right, and until this version, I don't remember any problems with it. The only thing that's not right about it is not having an expanded time period in which to fit the games (although maybe it only plays 33 games instead of 44? I'd imagine the researcher for Belarus gave them the information.)

In the Belarus case they do have the basics right, and until this version, I don't remember any problems with it. The only thing that's not right about it is not having an expanded time period in which to fit the games (although maybe it only plays 33 games instead of 44? I'd imagine the researcher for Belarus gave them the information.)

I'd consider having a proper time scale to fit in all of the matches in the league part of the basics.

Archived