Jadedness

Basically, when a player plays too many matches and gets physically overworked, he might lose the motivation to put in 100% effort. He becomes jaded and is not able to perform at the highest level he is capable of.

To resolve this, give him time off from matches. Additionally, you could tell him via the "player interaction" menu that you plan to give him a week's or two's rest to allow him to freshen up and regain his motivation.

So this is when a players jadedness gets high yes? What happens when a players jadedness becomes negative then? Is this a good thing or does that have a detrimental effect also? I have been using FM Genie Scout to check this rating for my players. One of my players has a jadedness rating of -200 or so, and he seems to be the least able to recover from matches than anyone else on my squad. He did have an injury that lasted maybe a month or so but he has played a number of matches since then so I have ruled out match fitness. He has one of the highest ratings for both natural fitness and stamina in my squad which is why im curious as its the only stat that seems odd.

How can you tell when a player is jaded? My tactic to make sure they are not overworked, is to give the players who just played a game and have a fitness of under 80% a 1-day rest, and in some cases where their condition is very low, a 2-day rest. Is this a wise strategy?

You do not need a real time editor to tell if a player is jaded or not. If you look at a player's profile screen, under the "Selection Details" section, the phrase "Is feeling jaded and in need of a rest" or something along those lines will appear in the "Fitness" line.

And I still have no clue about the negative jadedness rating. :(

I ask because of the situation explained in my second post. I just wanted to know if getting a high (or low) negative rating has the same effect as a high positive rating. Because I doubt I would have found out why my player with high natural fitness and stamina was recovering so poorly in comparison to players with much lower stats in those two attributes without using the scout program. Of course there could be a completely different reason I couldn't see but that's the one that stood out.

Best bet use one of the physios, as others have explained, they are overworked just knackered. The physio shall see this, it'll be on the player info screen too.

As of this they'll need a rest. The media comment may help too. The negative is injury, if your unlucky, or it will take even more time to get the player back to 100% fitness and 100% motivated.

/Edit, your probably going to use some form of Genie Scout type tool to get the real answers, it's just that they're over worked. Stats won't mean a thing. IMO that is.

• 1 year later...
Anyone shed light on this?

I been using genie along time and know quite a bit about jadedness as I also keep an eye on it.

Negative jadedness is the oppo of over worked. Means he needs games to regain full fitness. You will see most players with negative jaded will have also a low mtc ex. Meaning they just need to be brought back to fitness slowly.

• 6 years later...
On 23/09/2017 at 21:54, Chinook2000 said:

Crikey the topic was last posted in 7 years ago. And you brought it up  to say that?

Anyway if I drain a player to 0% will he drop dead?

Ha ha - I've tried, actually. Well, I create squads of youngsters, so at the start of the season I'll have a squad of 15-year-olds who typically have physical attributes in the 1s and 2s. Occasionally I find myself playing extra time in a cup match and conditions can drop into the teens. By rights they all ought to be collapsing and sustaining serious injuries but it never seems to happen.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Match fitness - physical

Jaded - mental

Not quite. Jadedness is more long term fitness. It decreases when not playing and increases when playing. Over the long term it accumulates to mean a player will require a rest, whether this be the off-season break or a mid-season holiday.

• 1 year later...
On 29/09/2017 at 07:01, Seb Wassell said:

Not quite. Jadedness is more long term fitness. It decreases when not playing and increases when playing. Over the long term it accumulates to mean a player will require a rest, whether this be the off-season break or a mid-season holiday.

Appologies on the 1 year bump but I was wondering...

Is there an attribute (hidden or not) that  affects how soon a player gets jaded or is it all circumstantial (e.g. too many games played)?

• SI Staff
On 12/01/2019 at 12:18, HakanMild said:

Is there an attribute (hidden or not) that  affects how soon a player gets jaded or is it all circumstantial (e.g. too many games played)?

Natural Fitness. Others may have an indirect impact, such as Stamina.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/01/2019 at 12:18, HakanMild said:

YOU'RE SO TWO THOUSAND AND LATE!

• 1 year later...