Just had a thought on a new feature...

ok, i'm currently playing an online game with a mate, i'm Man City he is Arsenal. We were due to play in 13 days time (against each other.) Now i was confident as he has 4 key players out injured and i am in good form, 4 wins from 4, 25 for 0 against. Before this I had a cup game against Scunthorpe (he wasn't in cup yet), however, Robinho got called up for Brazil, so the cup game got re-scheduled to the day of our game and our fixture was moved 2 months down the line.

My idea was that we get the choice to re-schedule or not. I mean i wouldn't have played Robinho anyway, with Arsenal to play a few days later so it would have made no difference. I think, please correct me if i'm wrong, but don't teams need to request re-schedules irl? I just think it would be a good idea to give us that choice as i would have rather faced scunthorpe without robinho and then face arsenal with fabregas, walcott, adebayor and another player i wont name as he bought him, all out injured.

Any thoughts?

It does seem abit much for them to reschedule a game because one member of your squad was called up for international duty. I like the idea of there being an option to reschedule the game, it means you have more control instead of everything being predetermined. :thup:

I hate the way that a game is rescheduled, but only 4 days, so when the game is played the players on International duty still can't play as they are 'travelling'. Might as well have just played it on the original day

I was actually about to post a topic like this. I just had two games postponed because three of my squad had been called up for the U21s. All are fringe members and I could quite ably have coped without them. As it is, I had a three week break without any fixtures, my squad lost their sharpness, and now I have two matches a week till the end of the season. I would have much rather not postponed the two rescheduled fixtures and just coped without Balotelli, Bolzoni and Santon.

Is the rescheduling of games down to the manager?

No, but in real life games aren't postponed because one player is called up for his country. If that happened they'd have to postpone the entire Premier League around the African Cup of Nations! In FM, the game logic on postponements isn't always sound; either they fix it the hard way, or they give the choice to the user - which is the easy way, and would work just as well.

"The club have received a fax from the FA acknowledging that your squad will be depleted due to international call-ups for your match against Team B on Monday. The players who are out are: Player 1, Player 2, Player 3.

The FA have offered to postpone this match until a date when you will not have a depleted squad. The proposed new date is: the XXth of Month.

( Recommend Postponement | Reject Postponement)"

While it shouldn't happen what we can see on the screenie, i would say there should not be put too much importance on introducing that option. Might be nice to be able to decide (though what happens if human play each other and only one wants a postponement?) but I'm not sure whether this is realistic. Surely, irl applying for that would be the chairman's job and I personally would prefer more important improvements for FM10 in other areas.

1st an apology for bring a 2 day old thread back, just wanted to address this question. To answert he fisrt question regarding the human v human, as irl, managers are human so it would work the same way, if 1 club has grounds to postpone and wants to, then it is postponed, if both do and only 1 wants to, the game is postponed, its not a question of, 'do you want us to think about postponing?' its 'do you want to?' and if neither do the game goes ahead. So as long as 1 club has grounds and wants to (which would be the only time you had the opition in news etc) it gets postponed. To the second question, it is actually the managers decision to apply and the 'highers' apply, so IMO it is something i think is realistic and could be considered!

I think there was the "postpone this match"-option in an earlier FM-version (was it FM 05?).

I think it was actually an old CM3 or CM4 game. I like this idea if implemented well, and if researched properly. The IRL process of requesting a postponement should be researched before put into the game.

1st an apology for bring a 2 day old thread back, just wanted to address this question.

Fair enough. You cannot tell users to do a search first and then object the resurrection of older threads. That's how it should be!

I think there was the "postpone this match"-option in an earlier FM-version (was it FM 05?).

That never really worked tbh :(

Archived