Would this happen irl

I would look at reporting that in the bugs forum. There is no way the schedule should have been that hectic.

thats what i was thinking, still on course to win leaugue but got knocked out of europe. could have wrecked my chances of winning league thou.

So what? Yes the SPL sucks, but it doesn't matter if it the SPL or any other league - it would still never happen.

I'm not referring to the league, im referring to the organisation that run it, its called the SPL too.

Also, if you look at the fixture listing in last season's run in, you'd see that this sort of fixture congestion is feasible given the incompetence of those who run the league although Rangers did postpone a league match to prepare for the match against Lyon so they did contribute to their own problems :D

I'm not referring to the league, im referring to the organisation that run it, its called the SPL too.

Also, if you look at the fixture listing in last season's run in, you'd see that this sort of fixture congestion is feasible given the incompetence of those who run the league although Rangers did postpone a league match to prepare for the match against Lyon so they did contribute to their own problems :D

Show me ONE example where they played 6 games in 7 days or even one example where they player 2 games in 2 days. It doesn't happen!

Yes, fixture congestion is a reality in many leagues but even the 'incompetents' at the SPL don't mess the fixtures up this badly. The point is this is completely unrealistic and there is absolutely no way it would ever happen. Period.

I see the use of smilies is lost on you

No actually I saw the smilies, but sticking up a smilie is hardly a get out clause for making the kind of statements you did. It's a fairly serious bug for some players and ridiculing the SPL doesn't change that.

Show me ONE example where they played 6 games in 7 days or even one example where they player 2 games in 2 days. It doesn't happen!

Yes, fixture congestion is a reality in many leagues but even the 'incompetents' at the SPL don't mess the fixtures up this badly. The point is this is completely unrealistic and there is absolutely no way it would ever happen. Period.

The trouble is that an extension to the season would be required and in FM game programing terms that would be awkward I guess. It wouldnt happen often anyway and I recall 2 seasons ago, or was it last season?, Rangers were forced to play every other day for 2 weeks which actually wrecked their season IRL.

Several years ago Man Utd & Arsenal played on consequtive days IRL (really, they did!). They had to cram a re-arranged League Cup game in and as both teams field 2nd string XI's it was considered OK to do that. Anyone not knowing that would imagine that was a bug if it happened in FM09.

Sure beats the days of an early CM / FM when I once had 2 games on the same day!!!!!!

The trouble is that an extension to the season would be required and in FM game programing terms that would be awkward I guess. It wouldnt happen often anyway and I recall 2 seasons ago, or was it last season?, Rangers were forced to play every other day for 2 weeks which actually wrecked their season IRL.

Several years ago Man Utd & Arsenal played on consequtive days IRL (really, they did!). They had to cram a re-arranged League Cup game in and as both teams field 2nd string XI's it was considered OK to do that. Anyone not knowing that would imagine that was a bug if it happened in FM09.

Sure beats the days of an early CM / FM when I once had 2 games on the same day!!!!!!

there wouldnt need an exstension because after that week i played wednesday and saturday till end of season. they could have maybe had monday, thursday and sunday. madness. even had a week with only one game, look

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/mrpurple007/rangersfixtureconjestion2.jpg

No actually I saw the smilies, but sticking up a smilie is hardly a get out clause for making the kind of statements you did. It's a fairly serious bug for some players and ridiculing the SPL doesn't change that.

You do realise that its a World Cup year and that the season cannot be extended even if the weather ****s up several rounds and a team could possibly play 60+ matches. Are matches suppose to coincide with the WC warm up matches, the WC itself? UEFA Cup matches cant be moved easy and I'm sure that league cup finals cant be either

mrpurple007 post shows that isnt a fairly serious bug but more a worst case scenario and I was laughing because the SPL have a habit of getting themselves into messes like it.

You can take your foot out of your mouth now

The game can only do so much, if there were a lot of games to be played and as Jiggy said with the World cup they'll all have to be played at some time.

Just unfortunate that you were forced to play them so close together...

Perhaps to prevent this the game should allow you to appeal against fixtures... especially if you don't have a goal keeper for example to play if they're injured or aren't registered (european games)

The game can only do so much, if there were a lot of games to be played and as Jiggy said with the World cup they'll all have to be played at some time.

Just unfortunate that you were forced to play them so close together...

Perhaps to prevent this the game should allow you to appeal against fixtures... especially if you don't have a goal keeper for example to play if they're injured or aren't registered (european games)

...or win it by Easter,....like Celtic do!

The OP asked if this would happen IRL. Due to the SPHell being run by a bunch of incompotent morons then there is every chance something like that could happen IRL.

According to The Guardian:

Surely the most absurd fixture pile-up, however, was that of Canvey Island at the end of the 2000-01 season, as pointed out by Liam McGuigan. They played their final five games of the season on the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 May, their last eight in nine days and in all their final 12 Ryman League matches in 17 days between 18 April and 5 May.

So the game is more realistic than you think.

Archived