Help please

don't skip any step.

1. uninstall the game. afterwards delete any local content that may be left. I THINK that it's not necessary to delete stuff in "My Documents"

2. delete the cache folder (click on the Windows "Start menu" and then "Run...". Type in "%appdata%" and click "ok". Once the window opens, go to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache folder)

3. click on the Windows "Start menu" and then "Run...". Type in "regedit" and click "ok". In the tree menu in regedit, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and find the Sports Interactive folder. delete the folder. close regedit

4. reinstall the game.

Quoted from another thread. :thup:

Edit: Fixed the ambiguous instructions on locating the cache folder.

i have un-installed the game but i couldn't find the cache folder in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009', I cleaned the registry and then re-installed the game but the problem i was experiencing (the game freezing during 3d matches after 9.0.3 patch installation, although it worked smoothly with patch 9.0.1 installed)) is still there.

desperate, pls help!!!

i have un-installed the game but i couldn't find the cache folder in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009', I cleaned the registry and then re-installed the game but the problem i was experiencing (the game freezing during 3d matches after 9.0.3 patch installation, although it worked smoothly with patch 9.0.1 installed)) is still there.

desperate, pls help!!!

The cache folder is not in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009'. My apologies as I did not realise the quote was hazy on its instructions to get to the cache folder.

It is found by clicking on "Run..." in the "Start Menu" as you did with the registry editor and typing "%appdata%" into the search field. Once you click "ok", a window will pop up and you should see a "Sports Interactive" folder amongst others. Navigate through that folder and locate the cache folder (Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache folder). Delete that folder and then reinstall again. :thup:

Thanks both for the reply

Are your drivers up to date?

Is your pc above minimum specs?

The cache folder is not in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009'. My apologies as I did not realise the quote was hazy on its instructions to get to the cache folder.

It is found by clicking on "Run..." in the "Start Menu" as you did with the registry editor and typing "%appdata%" into the search field. Once you click "ok", a window will pop up and you should see a "Sports Interactive" folder amongst others. Navigate through that folder and locate the cache folder (Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache folder). Delete that folder and then reinstall again. :thup:

my drivers are all up to date and my specs are above minimum and for the cache folder i'm sure i'll be able to find it, i'll try later as i'm at work at the moment and let you know how i got on.

help, please! getting desperate as i really think patch 9.0.3 doesn't like my pc. since installaing it, the game freezes and crashes during 3D matches (i had played a season and a half with 9.0.1 without problems)

i have since re-installed Fm 2009, deleted all files and cleaned the cache, but still no good.

my specs are ok: xp (sp 2), quad Cpu @ 2.40Ghz, 3Gigs of RAM, directx 9.0c, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (1 gig)

jre updated etc...

could you please let me know what to do next (short of re-installing xp)?

thanking everybody in advance

Archived