Suggestion: Add "Number of Touches" to Game Stats

First - apologize in advance if it has been already suggested

Second - I think it would be very useful to have a stat that shows how many touches a specific player gets during a game. It would help determine if your star player is getting enough of the ball, and what your players are doing with the ball once they get it (pass it, dribble, getting tackled and losing it, etc.) I would assume this stat is very important for coaches irl.

What do you all think?

I agree that "time of possession" would be also nice, but I was thinking of it slightly differently. For example I want Kaka to get as much of the ball as possible. Now I can do a number of things to achieve this (make him playmaker/targetman, put him in a good position to receive balls in the pitch etc.). Then during and after the game I can use "number of touches" along with passes, shots, dribbles stats to determine if he was able to get the ball and what he did with it. For example if he got 30 touches, but had only 5 completed passes, 2 shots, and 1 dribble, I would know that he is not being productive with the ball, and I need to change my tactics.

I agree that "time of possession" would be also nice, but I was thinking of it slightly differently. For example I want Kaka to get as much of the ball as possible. Now I can do a number of things to achieve this (make him playmaker/targetman, put him in a good position to receive balls in the pitch etc.). Then during and after the game I can use "number of touches" along with passes, shots, dribbles stats to determine if he was able to get the ball and what he did with it. For example if he got 30 touches, but had only 5 completed passes, 2 shots, and 1 dribble, I would know that he is not being productive with the ball, and I need to change my tactics.

This would be a good addition, like it:thup:

First - apologize in advance if it has been already suggested

Second - I think it would be very useful to have a stat that shows how many touches a specific player gets during a game. It would help determine if your star player is getting enough of the ball, and what your players are doing with the ball once they get it (pass it, dribble, getting tackled and losing it, etc.) I would assume this stat is very important for coaches irl.

What do you all think?

They have this.

Number of passes

Number of runs

Distance covered

Pretty much gives you a good indication.

Yeah, I was thinking that passes and dribbles pretty much covers it - unless you need to know how much time your goalie wastes!

How about when they get tackled? Or miscontrol it?

The problem with "touches" is how it's interpreted. If it's every time the foot touches the ball a player like hleb may seem to have alot more of the ball than ronaldo, as one is moving the ball constantly with his feet while the other uses his body to fake future ball movement... So yeah, time in control of the ball may be better, that or "touches" as in meaning how many times the player gains initial control of the ball (so a long mazy dribble is still 1 "touch").

Archived