Everybody hates Igor Akinfeev, but he has no clue?

Let me explain;

I am in my 10th season, I have won every season in the league, do pretty decent in europe last 5-6 years, never won a major/minor trophy in europe, but one of the solid teams as Besiktas JK.

special Thanks to one man who I acquired when his russian contract expired around 2012 I believe; Igor Akinfeev

He is 32 years old now, and you should his attributes, he can easily be an outfield player as well, he is just an amazing goalkeeper.

To keep him in the team I have given him the largest contract in the whole squad, specially last 3 years, 5million dollars per year.

He has been my 1st captain, and everyone worshipped him.

Last 2 season something strange is happening, although my squad morale all superb/very good almost 7 players 'Dislikes Akinfeev' (large squad but some really important players dislike him)

specially this past season, at least 3 players came up with the same problem, 'Trouble at Besiktas' this one defender dislikes him, this other midfield player dislikes him. because of it there are lots of players slightly unhappy in their personal screen saying 'dismayed by the disharmony at the club'

Now my dilemmas are:

1-after all this, Akinfeev is still the best keeper around, and in his personal screen;he has no clue!! he doesnt dislike anyone?!

2-now I can't even think of selling this guy, he is 7 star player (assistant manager team report)

3-he is a god in the matches. but he is been my captain since he walked, should I, this season change his status as the first captain? do you think that would help? or too risky

4-was also thinking maybe everyone hates him because he is the most paid?? so if I give higher salaries to the guys who hates, they stop hating him?

5-or should I fine anyone? for lack of professionalisms, does that work with players having problems with players at all in this latest version?

never had this problem like this... so much hatred about one single player,

every option is too risky so I dont know what to do without hearing your comments/experiences.

I am still winning mostly though. with additional players dismayed unhappy everyday.

I would say decide who is worth keeping among the players that dislike akinfeev. If they're professiona or determined fine them for unprofessional behavior. If they're ambitious or some other bad personalities think about letting them go, or give them good contracts if you want to keep them. If akinfeev has good captain stats, and especially if he is the best player in the team, i dont think you should even think about taking away the captain armband, he deserves it.

Good luck

thanks pandemonium, yeah Akinfeev is 'model proffesional' as well as Influnce of 20

He is also an amazing player. 7 star rating. I would say he is one of the top 3 goalkeepers now in my save game. (in 2018)

but good point you made, so if a players character is determined or proffesional I can fine them for unpro behaviour and they would understand why I am fining them for?(fairly professional is better or worse?I never understood fairly indication.)

I dont have much experience fining them, it's always a risk, but I would logically assume that the professional and determined guys would react well to a warning (no need to fine unless they repeat)

Eventually, you want to have as many pros and determined players as you can - they will cause you less trouble by acting like children, not always wanna leave to "a bigger club", and they might try harder to win you games on the pitch.

The "fairly" ones are tricky imo, they lack one of the attributes (professionalism, determination, etc). I believe Lyssien had a very good thread where he describes the attributes that specify each personality, you might wanna do a search if you think that might help.

Cheers.

I bet he pretends to be the referee in training.

Honestly though, I've had a lack of harmony in my squad, mainly with the reserves disliking an influential player thankfully. They have to have a lot of promise to stay. If you're definitely keeping Akinfeev and the others are replaceable, look at doing that. On the flip side, he's 32 now, you've got maybe 3 years left out of him. See if a big club will part with unreasonable amounts for him.

Would have been worse if it was a field player. Afterall, they don't have to play the ball to him. And if you keep on winning, then I guess the disharmony within the squad doesn't affect your results too much.

I would try another Captain for next season though.

I would try another Captain for next season though.

Agree. Hasn't Kolo Toure come out and said he doesnt get on with William Gallas that well but they still are playing well together. Gallas was stripped of the captains armband tho because of some of his team mates attitude about him.

Archived