Why are clubs putting in very por bids for my players...? (Naming)

Ok, I am Aston VIlla.

I bought Witsel and Defour at the start of season 1. They attracted interest throughout the season.

I paid 5M for Witsel and I think 8M for Defour.

They played very well throughoutthe season. It is now pre season (2).

Man Utd, Arsenal, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all courting them. But the bids coming in are no more than I paid for them. They both have 5 year contracts and both quite settled - toys firmly in the pram.

I haven't negotiated any bids - just rejected them. I don't want to negotiate them just in case they come in with a massive bid and it's accepted by my Chairman.

But why aren't these clubs coming in with 10-15 million, expecially given their age and contract?

Ashley Young is another one although Arsenal came storming in with £22.5 million. Thank god I had the option to reject it!

I haven't negotiated any bids - just rejected them. I don't want to negotiate them just in case they come in with a massive bid and it's accepted by my Chairman.

So do you want to sell them or not? It sounds like you do, but then what is the problem with getting a huge offer accepted?

So do you want to sell them or not? It sounds like you do, but then what is the problem with getting a huge offer accepted?

I don't want to sell them at all. Even for 50M simply because they are doing well and they are young and talented and I'd like to keep them for the duration of my save. I have a larg transfer budget and no money trouble/

It just gets annoying that these poor bids come in. I kinda feel they are being undervalued. I know I could just have an Auto-Reject on them but it doesn't answer my question.

Surely AI clubs must realise that it will take much bigger bids to tempt me to sell (even though I won't!)

I know what you mean. The same thing happens to me with quality players with low values (their low value is a slight issue with their reputation I think), so there's no much we can do at the moment, apart from reject all offers.

(400th post!!! :D :D)

I suppose I should be grateful that they are attracting interest and that I have hung on to them. Cuellar like s to have a hissy fit every so often though.

Knocked back a bid of £13M

He complains, wants to leve, further his career blah blah blah...

I tell him he's going nowhere and offer him a contract.

He declines.

I find a decent young replacement and offer him out for £20M, hoping for Sparky to weigh in with a bid.

I sign his replacement for £18M

He goes to the press, unhappy at being offered to other clubs and complaing that I don't value him.

I offer him a 5 year contract.

He accepts.

Start of season 2. I reject a bid.

You know the rest...

Archived