Download or Boxed?

Hi all,

I have finally decided to take the plunge and get FM09, but I can't decide whether to download from Steam or get the boxed version. The demo runs fine on my system so I am going to assume that that the full game will do the same? (Please correct me if I am wrong!)

I am sure that there are many here who have done both of the options and would like peoples opinions as which is the best option?

So the question stands : Is the downloaded game the better option or should I buy a boxed version? Is there any difference regarding aftersales?

All opinions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Is the downloaded game the better option or should I buy a boxed version? Is there any difference regarding aftersales?

If the Demo runs fine the the game should as well.

Regarding Boxed or Download it is up to you, in aftersales there is no differance, except if you buy the game off Steam you can get automatic updates (no need to download the pathces your self).

I prefer the boxed version (since I am not allowed to have the game installed on my laptop, provided my by my work, I uninstall the game at Sunday evening and reinstall it on Friday.

When I am on business trip I reinstall the game as well and it is nice to be able to install the game with slow Inet connection, then I only need the Inet for activation.

Boxed. Read these forums, people have too much problem with Steam.

Also there are those who bought the Steam version, then they moved to Mac and had to bau the game again. Even if it's not your case, boxed version give you more 'freedom' and less problems.

If the Demo runs fine the the game should as well.

Regarding Boxed or Download it is up to you, in aftersales there is no differance, except if you buy the game off Steam you can get automatic updates (no need to download the pathces your self).

I prefer the boxed version (since I am not allowed to have the game installed on my laptop, provided my by my work, I uninstall the game at Sunday evening and reinstall it on Friday.

When I am on business trip I reinstall the game as well and it is nice to be able to install the game with slow Inet connection, then I only need the Inet for activation.

The boxed version, if registered through steam rather than the other method, also auto-updates.

The only real differences are price and the fact that the steam version is PC only. If you have no reason to ever move to Mac, then the difference is boxed is usually cheaper (in the UK), while steam means no trip to the shops. :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer guys. I went for the boxed version in the end, and am really glad i did! Loving the game so far:D

Now its off to the good player guide for some good young talent!

Cheers.

Archived