Free for All Idea

hey, I've been inspired for this idea since seeing a db release where every player in the whole of the db will have been released from their club starting the game anew. What that lead me onto and my housemates thinking is how awesome it would be if the whole db had every top division clubs' rep set to the same, the transfer budget the same (0), the balance all 100m and the wage budget a paltry £1m annually. this would allow a game to begin where we all more or less play fantasy football but obviously would have a few drawbacks

-continental competitions; would be great if there was a way to "delay" these competitions for a season

-clubs buying players quickly enough before the transfer window (aug31) closes; would setting all managers to 20 for buying players sort that?

.......anyway, eventually i realised what i really wanted was the FMLive set up, but i don't like that game or having to pay a subscription fee. basically i want a modified database to play with my housemates that is part "fm live"/"fantasy football" using the general architecture of FM09, etc. is this in any way possible?

yep - but the problem is AI managers never fill up their team, so i was hoping someone would have created a db with ALL managers set with '20' for the buying players stat, or something..

I didn't realise there was such an attribute. Is it a hidden stat in their profiles?

Ok cool. I didn't know that; I don't spend much time with the editor (only at the start when I have to change things like the EURO Vase into the UEFA Cup, etc etc).

SOrry but it looks like you'll be going through the league managers and changing that stat yourself if nothing already exists in the Editor forum

in terms of the euro competitions jerome, you could start the databse in january 2008 for example by selecting the country with that startdate, then you have a number of months to get in players before euro comps kick in.

The problem with an all players released database is that some premiership teams, for instance, have their wage budgets set in the db. The ones that don't calculate it on startup, based on the current wage bill and finances.

Therefore in FM08, Arsenal, for instance, would have a starting wage budget of around 20k a week, while United may have one at 1.2 million as it was actually set in stone.

So, wage budgets would also have to be set for all active leagues, either to a standard "all the same" number, or even to what they roughly are on startup.

well 3 months doesn't seem to be long enough for teams to build a squad so since january may be necessary...shame

Every year since FM05, I edit myself a fictional team with no players. I give myself a board, a city, a stadium, some media...but no players. I then start the game someplace one (1) month before the country my fictional team is in. This year, I made an English team and started in Germany in June 2008. The game actually began at the start of the English season in late June.

I had the rest of June, July, and the start of August to sign staff and side and get them match fit. Quite frankly, I love the challenge, and it's the only way I will ever start a game (at least, until I someday try dafuge).

Archived