Aids for those that like logging all the tactical details.

Im sad....I admit it. I have designed a pre match print out sheet which is perfect for logging your tactical notes before / during a match' especially when used in conjunction with one of the commercially available tactics folders (just search "football tactics folder", I know Im not allowed to name the site that sells stuff on here).

Also have created a sheet for logging team results & player apps / goals for a season.

If anyone is as sad as me let me know & I'll try to upload them.

Be warned, you will be off down your stationers for a set of coloured pens if I do!

Im sad....I admit it. I have designed a pre match print out sheet which is perfect for logging your tactical notes before / during a match' especially when used in conjunction with one of the commercially available tactics folders (just search "football tactics folder", I know Im not allowed to name the site that sells stuff on here).

Also have created a sheet for logging team results & player apps / goals for a season.

If anyone is as sad as me let me know & I'll try to upload them.

Be warned, you will be off down your stationers for a set of coloured pens if I do!

That sounds great (yes I admit it, I'm sad too) could you upload please. Thanks

am I missing it, or has it not been uploaded? I was also interested in checking it out, as I tend to write down a lot of stuff while playing as well

Have realised that it includes some copywrite protected images!!! so may not be able to up load under the rules. Within the week I will either create a "legal" version or a more basic "graphic free" version - at the moment that just looks like a glorified sheet of A4 with a few lines & number on it though!

If you really cannot wait, personal message me your email address & I'll send you a PDF.

EDIT: Whoops just realised I should be able to email to those that are interested anyway via my personal out going emails so will do: Celtic 1967, Sergiu, Saxonaitor, Villa nation, 9sublime, da funk & el sid. I will need to send the template & a "used" copy too as that will explain how it works in practice, and as I have only just removed the copywrited bits I will have to do that tonight for tomorrow. Hope you guys are not going to be too disappointed, I've rather larged this up! LOL

TigerH

Have realised that it includes some copywrite protected images!!! so may not be able to up load under the rules. Within the week I will either create a "legal" version or a more basic "graphic free" version - at the moment that just looks like a glorified sheet of A4 with a few lines & number on it though!

If you really cannot wait, personal message me your email address & I'll send you a PDF.

EDIT: Whoops just realised I should be able to email to those that are interested anyway via my personal out going emails so will do: Celtic 1967, Sergiu, Saxonaitor, Villa nation, 9sublime, da funk & el sid. I will need to send the template & a "used" copy too as that will explain how it works in practice, and as I have only just removed the copywrited bits I will have to do that tonight for tomorrow. Hope you guys are not going to be too disappointed, I've rather larged this up! LOL

TigerH

To whoever may be interested..., I have something presentable knocked together!. PM me your email adress if you want a copy, also I cannot upload from my PC so would welcome a volunteer to upload to the thread my PDF's, if considered worthy!.

To whoever may be interested..., I have something presentable knocked together!. PM me your email adress if you want a copy, also I cannot upload from my PC so would welcome a volunteer to upload to the thread my PDF's, if considered worthy!.

you have PM, can you send the file soon please?

What follows will make sense when the uploads are available - we are working on it!

Here is my guide to be used with the tactic sheet & the St Et v Nice example

The tactics sheet - & how I use it.

Write all your player names in order including subs (have allowed for full 23 man match day squad – friendlies should be taken seriously too!)

THE PITCH:

Can be used to log positionally the AI team, watching carefully for when they change in-match (I have the “Opposition positions” AI’s widget constantly displayed in TV view). They will swap to fast v’s slow in the SC / DC, DC / SC confrontations so you need to be on top of that. This is why I log the Pace & acceleration for my DC / SC’s to the far right of the sheet against player listing. The AI’s key men (DC /SC’s, pace / acceleration, is logged to the upper right of their players number for ease of reference. *Pace always larger text as more important.

THE TEXT:

The headings are:

(to the left of the player numbers)

FK L & R = Free kick taker preferences, - left & right, numbered 1, 2, 3 etc

C L & R = Corner takers, left & right, numbered 1, 2, 3 etc

Other headings are:

(to the right of player names)

FK = Free kick instructions

I just set 1 to dusrupt wall, DW, (my strongest “spare” man), as both SC’s are lurkers by default I do not need to adjust them.

C = Corner Instructions

I set best jump/heading DC to Challenge GK (CG) & my best aerial SC to Near Post Flick (NPF), or sometimes AN Other player instead with good stats for Jump/Head (as long as he isn’t needed back for defensive breakaway cover).NB bracketed instructions mean that this is the 2nd choice player for that instruction/role.

L s = Long Shots, yes or no?, & frequency. (only those with excellent long shots / decisions ratings used here!).2 ticks = shoot often, 1 tick = medium. The rest don’t!

P = Pace (in large writing)

(Log for SC – DC’s only, see my note on “the pitch”)

a = acceleration (in small writing)

(Log for SC – DC’s only, see my note on “the pitch”)

NB If you used more complex set piece routines then this sheet & the logging would probably be even more useful.

THE NOTES:

This is deliberately left open but I regularly note my “marking instructions” tweaks beneath the pitch as this seems a good handy place to note such changes.

The other area is free for any notes necessary as the game progresses although I tend to do all my match prep pre match, in match I just watch out for the AI’s reactions & respond.

The St. Etienne vs Nice example:

Not much to say, I won 3-0 quite easily. I use squad numbers for the Opposition and 1-11 (+S1 – S12) for my team, I just find it easier that way. On the pitch I have shown with my DC’s indicated (No.s 4 + 5) that 5 is man marking their SC (no. 9) and No.4 is free to pick up anyone else (The note made below shows he (Monsoreau) is switched from man to zonal marking, I don’t want my 2 DC’s drawn to 1 line striker!), but I want to remember to switch him back to man mark if they go 2 up front). Also my SC’s are indicated (FCa & FCd hence staggered mentality) as I want them on the sides which will best exploit their No.4’s Pace, or lack of it. Actually you will note that I got this wrong maybe!, exactly the sort of thing this sheet was designed to prevent!, 11 & 10 should be reversed to put Gomis’ Pace against their No. 4. I Wasnt feeling too great when I played this match! LOL. However as I slightly outpaced both defenders with my 2 SC’s I still held the advantage (actually my winger, Payet stole the show), something I may have stumbled on and will try again!. I have not logged the AI’s subs / tactical changes, you should of course (although the pitch gets a bit busy & messy with crossing outs) but they made their subs when trailing 2-0 and with a man sent off (at the 2/3 of match stage) by which time I felt I could boss it without changing my style. The Show weak foot / Tackle Hard notes remind me who the Ass Man thinks I should attend to, the brackets indicate that I wont tackle Hard the No. 9 whilst he is at the SC position, I don’t do that to SC’s – I tend to lose penalties if I do!, had they dropped him to midfield he would have been fair game though!

I always note my starting tactic also, in this case my DEF version of my wwfan t&tf set. If I change these I just list below the next tactic used & the minute I switched for future reference – if it all goes wrong it may be key to know in relation to any tactical switches

I hope this has been comprehensive enough without being too dull! I found without this sheet I was haphazard with the notes I made and usually it cost me in a game quite often. This sheet disciplines me to watch for the vital (as I see them) in-match points, and it only adds about 5 mins to pre match preparations

If these are OK you are welcome to up load them to the thread – I cant from my PC for a bit (frustrating!)

TigerH

Archived