Why the career stats only show the League record?

If you want to view the stats from a player's possible involvement with domestic and continental cup games, you could select the season in the top portion of the "Career Stats" screen and the bottom portion of the screen will bring up his overall stats of that season.

As for why only the league stats are visible at a glance in the top portion, I presume it is because it provides a better basis of comparison amongst all players at a glance. Not every club gets to play many continental games or even domestic cup games, as those are essentially knockout competitions. However, league games are consistent and all clubs will participate in the full number of matches over a season.

This is just my conjecture though, and not the official SI reasoning for this particular arrangement. :)

The older games that included cup games in the stats looked bad - and the historical stats have only ever had league stats.

Anyone remember CM93, which had average ratings for all the historical seasons too?

The older games that included cup games in the stats looked bad - and the historical stats have only ever had league stats.

Anyone remember CM93, which had average ratings for all the historical seasons too?

Wrong ! In the older FM versions all the games were included in the historical stats and, imho, it looked a LOT better. I really never understood why SI changed it.

I thinked it should be an option in Preferences maybe?

Agree with this. Or make it an option in a drop down menu on th relevant page. Don't see why that can't be possible considering all the stats are already there, just saves having to press each individual season to get the stats you want.

Archived