Individual team talks - relative or absolute?

I've always thought that individual team talks are absolute - i.e., if you say to your whole team that they were abysmal, but say to one player you're pleased with him, you are genuinely happy with his performance (let's say the rest got a 4.0 and he got a 7.5). But I now have my assman handling selection of team talks, just to see what he does - and after a 1-0 win away at Chelsea, he's got "Delighted" for the team talk but an individual "Pleased" for my goalkeeper who got one of our highest ratings. Now, if I give the team "Delighted" and my keeper "Pleased", am I saying the keeper was not quite as good as everyone else (i.e. they are absolute) or he was better than everyone else (relative)?

everytime i do a teamtalk or indavidual! i then check the teamtalk feedback & all i get is:

bob marley: didnt seem to be listening.

beegees: didnt seem to be listening.

pink: didnt seem to be listening.

the beattles: didnt seem to be listening.

ect ect ect: didnt seem to be listening.

I've always thought that individual team talks are absolute - i.e., if you say to your whole team that they were abysmal, but say to one player you're pleased with him, you are genuinely happy with his performance (let's say the rest got a 4.0 and he got a 7.5). But I now have my assman handling selection of team talks, just to see what he does - and after a 1-0 win away at Chelsea, he's got "Delighted" for the team talk but an individual "Pleased" for my goalkeeper who got one of our highest ratings. Now, if I give the team "Delighted" and my keeper "Pleased", am I saying the keeper was not quite as good as everyone else (i.e. they are absolute) or he was better than everyone else (relative)?

I would like clarification on this also.

I sometimes asked my Assistant to do team talks, simply to see what he said. Every game without fail it was "For the fans".

Needless to say he got the Bernie Mac.

I would like clarification on this also.

I sometimes asked my Assistant to do team talks, simply to see what he said. Every game without fail it was "For the fans".

Needless to say he got the Bernie Mac.

I'm not too sure either. My Assman always says "you can win tonight," and if I'm giving a youngster a go in the first team, he may give them the "no pressure!" individual talk, but I never really know when they'll tire of hearing the same old thing and get handed a fat loss.

I just give my team talk to the whole team at the start and the end of the match. I dont bother giving the whole team a team talk at half time only players playing poorly or very well. I give a dissapointed for anything ranging from 5-6 and pleased for 7-8 and delighted for 8+

Since ive started doing this ive won the premiership and champions league

everytime i do a teamtalk or indavidual! i then check the teamtalk feedback & all i get is:

bob marley: didnt seem to be listening.

beegees: didnt seem to be listening.

pink: didnt seem to be listening.

the beattles: didnt seem to be listening.

That's because you keep giving the same talk, over and over and over and over. Your players are bored with you. They've heard it all before....

Back on topic, I've always assumed it was absolute. Never even entered my thoughts it might be relative....Interesting thought, though, now that it has.

Not likely SI will weigh in at all, though. They generally don't give insight into such specifics.

I always give the team talks depending on the 'odds'

halftime you give an overall team talk but I'll give reative comments to those who are rated higher or lower than 6,

depending on which ratin determines the comment.

And I searched this topic in hopes that there would light shed on that very question.

Basically... does the Individual comment overwrite the team talk or is it on top of the team talk?

Archived