question about wonderkids

Where do you see if a young player is wonderkid? I remember seing it in players profile (if I'm not wrong), but now in year 2013 I went through Italy, England, Germany and Spain U-21 teams and although I've seen some great talents, none of them are described as 'wonderkid'.

Is this visible only if the player is in your team?

Very hard for a regen to be a wonderkid IMO, get a young player (younger than 18) and play him in your first team, if you have a relatively high reputation (low Premier League level) and the youngster has some decent performances, the wonderkid description will be in his profile. That simple.

i find that if you were to play a 16year old constintly till he was 19 then he would become a wonderkid even if he was rubbish?

i have players on loan who are playing full seasons & thay are wonderkids even thought thay are rubbish.

i find that if you were to play a 16year old constintly till he was 19 then he would become a wonderkid even if he was rubbish?

i have players on loan who are playing full seasons & thay are wonderkids even thought thay are rubbish.

I remember reading that the tag "wonderkid" is triggered upon a player reaching a certain CA value by a certain age. Therefore it is conceivable that your youth achieved that CA value after having played so many games at his age, but he may never progressed beyond that and be a world class player because his PA may not be exceptionally high? He may just become another run-of-the-mill player after he reaches a mature age.

Very hard for a regen to be a wonderkid IMO

Actually I think FM2009 is the first version that isn't true.

I've got somewhere around half a dozen regen wonderkids in my team.

I got all but one for <=5 million.

One is a "world-class centreback" at 21.

One is a striker bought for about 5 million, now worth over 30, age 21. Basically a Belgian Wayne Rooney only more of a striker, less of a creator.

If anything my problem is the AI teams don't seem to be doing enough to spot/get these kids at a young age, hence I've got much of the best young talent in the world. I don't knowif anyone else has found the same thing happening in their games.

Archived