Autosave on this game is absolute crap!

Seriously peeved now....as everyone knows if you save your game then turn off your pc without quitting the game it corrupts you save game, so to coutner this i turn on autosave to make a backup of my game every now and then.....but guess what my autosave doesnt save 3 different files it saves ontop of the main one and saves the other file once every other season.

Can someone tell me how to auto save over all 3 files 1 at a time and not just save on the main one if you get what i mean?

Seriously peeved now....as everyone knows if you save your game then turn off your pc without quitting the game it corrupts you save game, so to coutner this i turn on autosave to make a backup of my game every now and then.....but guess what my autosave doesnt save 3 different files it saves ontop of the main one and saves the other file once every other season.

Can someone tell me how to auto save over all 3 files 1 at a time and not just save on the main one if you get what i mean?

It's called a rolling autosave. No point having 3 copies of the same save game in the same folder. They're saved at different dates in case of any problems. If you need back-up, you're better off moving a copy of your saved game onto a memory stick/different hard drive.

Autosave is fine on this game if you use it right.

Its in Preferences. You can choose to have rolling auto save and incremental aswell. Incremental will save a new file every time which is what I do but then again, I have alot of HD space. Rolling auto save will save over three files.

Really.

I have the opposite problem.

I call my save 'Nick Jr Aberdeen Tridux', and the game creates three files, 'Nick Jr Aberdeen TriduxV2' & 'Nick Jr Aberdeen TriduxV3'.

All well and good.

Now say, for some reason I need to sut the game down, I save over the oldest autosave, say for example 'Nick Jr Aberdeen TriduxV2'...

Now when I continue on for a while, I soon end up with a 'Nick Jr Aberdeen TriduxV2V2' and a 'Nick Jr Aberdeen TriduxV2V3' as well as god knows haterver other combitations it thinks of.

I have a very small hard drive, and the saves are very large (we're talking closer to two gigs than one), so this generally leads to me running out of hard drive space and things going wrong.

Typically it involves the game failing to save, and me uninstalling a load of stuff and taking forever to figure out what's actually wrong.

I'm not sure this is actually helping anyone, but that's my story for the day anyway...

Archived