Allowing a player a leave of absence...

How do I do it.

Henri Saivet has not settled and I don't want to sell him. There was an option for this in previous versions. I have been asked in a press conference if I will allow him to go on leave and I said yes but I can't see any option to do so. I would like to do this ASAP as I am in pre-season and now is good for the club.

i had it for another player, saivet was in fact unsettled for 2 seasons for me till i brought in one of his favoured personelle, i think it depends on how unsettled he is, and for what reasons, some dont settle due to competition for places, so a leave of absence wouldn't help. There was just an option near player interaction

i had it for another player, saivet was in fact unsettled for 2 seasons for me till i brought in one of his favoured personelle, i think it depends on how unsettled he is, and for what reasons, some dont settle due to competition for places, so a leave of absence wouldn't help. There was just an option near player interaction

Thanks for the reply.

I bought him and another guy who already on his favoured list.

And he has aquired my current best striker as favoured as well.

He did pick up the "worst signing of the season award" WOnder if that ghas anything to do with it!

But it seems to be the area as opposed to competition.

Leave of absence as an option tends to be available if a player has not settled well in a new country. Sometimes coach and scout reports will highlight if a player may have difficulty settling in another country. This depends upon his "Adaptability" attribute which is shown for staff, but hidden for players, unless you're using an editor.

I try to avoid players who my coachs and scouts advise may struggle to settle as a rule, unless they either have favoured personnel already at my club, or players of the same nationality therefore helping them (hopefully) settle easier.

The fact that the option to give a leave of absence suggests that he's unsettled for another reason and this may depend entirely upon his character and perceived role within the team. A quick look at his character show him as "Fairly Ambitious". Ambition can be a good thing, but if he's also unprofessional, he could quite easily get upset for a number of reasons it's difficult to put your finger on.

I'm assuming Saivet hasn't really changed much overall since FM08. I have seen his hidden stats in the editor then, but have not used any editors for FM09. In FM08 after a few failed experiences with him and his often problematic characteristics, I usually always ended up selling him. I don't like pandering to stroppy individuals ;)

Leave of absence as an option tends to be available if a player has not settled well in a new country. Sometimes coach and scout reports will highlight if a player may have difficulty settling in another country. This depends upon his "Adaptability" attribute which is shown for staff, but hidden for players, unless you're using an editor.

I try to avoid players who my coachs and scouts advise may struggle to settle as a rule, unless they either have favoured personnel already at my club, or players of the same nationality therefore helping them (hopefully) settle easier.

The fact that the option to give a leave of absence suggests that he's unsettled for another reason and this may depend entirely upon his character and perceived role within the team. A quick look at his character show him as "Fairly Ambitious". Ambition can be a good thing, but if he's also unprofessional, he could quite easily get upset for a number of reasons it's difficult to put your finger on.

I'm assuming Saivet hasn't really changed much overall since FM08. I have seen his hidden stats in the editor then, but have not used any editors for FM09. In FM08 after a few failed experiences with him and his often problematic characteristics, I usually always ended up selling him. I don't like pandering to stroppy individuals ;)

That does not sound good! Well, we shall see how it develops. I paid a fair sum for him but he didn't break into the team due to Higuan, Fleck and Carew perorming very well. Carew is gone and Fleck will go out on loan so possibly a few games and goals may go in his favour

That does not sound good! Well, we shall see how it develops. I paid a fair sum for him but he didn't break into the team due to Higuan, Fleck and Carew perorming very well. Carew is gone and Fleck will go out on loan so possibly a few games and goals may go in his favour

how do you do this i have never come across it

Archived