Should i carry on with this game?

Carry on the save?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Carry on the save?

• Yes
    • No

I am debating whether to stay interested in my everton save. my main aim is to slowly build everton into the best team in the world. 1st season i am currently 7th, had quite up and down form, lots of good youngsters. low bank balance. in fa cup 6th rnd v chelsea and in second euro knockout against psg. still 7 points behind 6th place. i like the club and players e.g. arteta, cahill. should i carry this game on? or try something new with either chelsea, aston villa or man city?

Of course! 7th place for Everton is excellent. They have over-achieved year after year, they have a solid foundation, they just lack the depth up front, in my opinion. Perhaps a new star striker or two, and maybe some more depth on the wings will yield a UCL spot next season. Persevere!

Just as a disclaimer, I am not a Toffees fan, per se, but I love their fighting spirit, grit, and determination. They have a world-class footballer in Arteta, great youth, solid keeper and back line, an Afro on stilts (no prizes for guessing whom this refers to), but just lack that depth in goal-scoaring prowess. Anichebe and Vaughan are terrific prospects, but have some ways to go to get to Yakubu's stature, Saha is great when he's healthy (never for long enough), and Cahill can only be described as a Super-Aussie, but cannot be relied upon as the only attacking option when Yak and Saha are on the trainer's table, Anichebe is getting racially profiled, and Vaughan is having a slump.

Bring in a proven goalscorer from a mid-level EPL team, or a star from the CCC (less adaptation necessary, ideally), and a creative winger, and you've got the makings of a UEFA spot contender. Good luck! :thup:

Sitting in 7th with Everton is very credible. It's a club that has alot of room for progression. I presonally would carry on with your save and with some good tactics, consistency and some clever signings you could have them into the Champions League spots in a few seasons. Good luck :thup:

yeah i will persevere. i have tried so many tactics, tried creating my own and that didnt really work. i tend to only lose 1-0 against a lot of lower teams. can anyone reccomend a good away tactic? i know this is the wrong forum but we already discussing it here. i think i may have relied on youngsters slightly too much, the young romanian ochisorii and santon on the wings, could that have been the problem? i missed out on vincente. i sold saha for 2 or 3 million. i am looking at getting owen in on free at end of season for some goals, and maybe cardozo. john fleck has been amazing. i am only 1 point ahead of newcastle now though, i feel 8th will be a dissapointment because i wouldnt get into europe but in 7th i will. tbh man city and tottenham have had awesome seasons. i am slightly worried about the bank balance though! if anyone is interested in how i get on i will post in the everton forum.

good point mate. i will always go back to it, its just my team sometimes play so poorly it gets annoying. if i can just get through this season and stay in 7th i can build from there. as long as i qualify for europe the board will be happy. if i beat chelsea in the next game i am in the fa cup semis and if i beat psg then quaters of euro cup.

I am debating whether to stay interested in my everton save. my main aim is to slowly build everton into the best team in the world. 1st season i am currently 7th, had quite up and down form, lots of good youngsters. low bank balance. in fa cup 6th rnd v chelsea and in second euro knockout against psg. still 7 points behind 6th place. i like the club and players e.g. arteta, cahill. should i carry this game on? or try something new with either chelsea, aston villa or man city?

I would say that 7th place for Everton is good. If it were me i would carry on with this save and try to pick up some players on a free at the end of season 1 or 2. I found that some good quality players are free after the first season and this may be what you need to bulk up your squad and start challenging at the top.

If you do decide to go for someone else i would recommend Villa. The chairman is good and you get a little bit of money. They have got some dead wood (Knight, Gardner, etc) but these can be sold and better players brought in. There are also some real gems in their that get better as the game goes on (Milner, Young and Curtis Davies).

yeah they are good. i pretty much have decided i want to stay on at everton. just hope i dont drop further down in the league. i really like everton, even more because i have gosling, fleck, santon, canales coming through. already getting a 16 yr old defender on a free with potential to be better than yobo and gonna go for michael owen cause one of his fave clubs is everton. has anyone had any luck getting him? i deffo relied on youth too much, and as i said before should have got vincente for only a few mill, but didnt take his contract seriously and he went to psg who i have in the euro cup, he would have given me some experience on the wings.

played another couple of games today and lost 1-0 in fa cup to chelsea and 2-1 in euro first leg to psg. but i left my laptop off charge for a few hours. now i have lost the save game to before the fa cup. now it feels like cheating because i have already played these games. what does everyone else think?

I think you should carry on if you are enjoying that game, otherwise start another one. Why do you need other people to tell you if you are having fun or not? lol

Personally I prefer to manage a team from the lower leagues and take them to the top rather than start in the Premier, although I found starting at non-league level a step too far. I tried the BSP and couldn't get into it, so I started again with a league 1 team like I always did with previous fms and I am enjoying it much more.

Archived