Spannish Minimum fee release clauses

They have signed those contracts irl so this has been implmented into the game. It has nothing to do with nationality, division or age. There are alot of players in Brazil who also have minimum release clauses. It's become a popular clause in the foreign leagues nowadays.

They have signed those contracts irl so this has been implmented into the game. It has nothing to do with nationality, division or age. There are alot of players in Brazil who also have minimum release clauses. It's become a popular clause in the foreign leagues nowadays.

I was under hte impression that if you are a Spannish club, you HAVE to put a release clause in the contract of a player.

Obvisouly the great players like Messi, Xavi, Cannavaro have huge clauses but some very good young players have much lower clauses.

I don't see why a club would put a minimum clause in a players contract if they didn't have to.

As I said, I though it was a rule in Spain (I'm sure I played a previous version and had this enforced upon me.

Yeah, I think this is a rule too. I'm not sure why some players wouldn't have it though. Can you see any similarities with the players that don't have them?

I haven't paid enough attention to be honest. A young player I was in for went from Barcelona to moved to a newly promoted Spannish team. Probably because he was gonna get first team football whereas I said he would be a hot prospect.

I'll keep an eye out for any others.

Anyone else shed any light on this?

I am sure its a rule in Spain and in Brazil all players have one, the strange thing about Brazil is when you offer a contract the higher weekly wage you offer the higher the release clause is you cannot set it yourself.

I would assume these players were promoted from the youth teams and were given automatic contracts without the clause, or that the minimum fee release clause became void because there is only a couple months on his contract, leaving other clubs free to approach him.

I never knew Brazil had them - must check this out!

I suppose they don't have much of an impact, although you do get the odd gem.

Just odd why some players have them although a previous psot said it may be that tos who don't may have expiring contracts. Somethign to keep an eye out for.

I had this explained to me once and as it sounded a reasonable explanation I tend to believe it.

Every player in Spain has to have their contract 'protected' by a minimum release fee, however this clause is dropped 12, or maybe 18 months from the end of the contract, at which point the normal transfer system kicks in.

Brazilian clubs are required to have a minimum fee release clause in their players contracts. But the values assumed by the game are unrealistically high.

IRL Alex had a USD 30M min fee clause, Nilmar has a 10M-Euro clause for example. NOT 40-50M Euro like in the game.... Anyway clubs are willing to let a player go for less than half of these clauses. Alex was sold just recently to Spartak Moskow for 5M Euro.

Cheers

Fowler

Archived