"This is under review" (This thread might get closed)

I've seen several issues come up in the forums recently, after the release 9.3 (2D mode as default for instance) and some of the S.I. guys have stated that these issues under review.

So my question...

Does this imply ANOTHER patch?

Or does this mean under review for FM10?

Apologies for asking about the prospect of another patch (I love the game as it is and am not saying that there should be one) but I was just curious if after these issues have been reviewed, what the outcome will be.

It means it has been logged, prioritised and assigned in our bug tracking system. There are no plans for a further patch for Football Manager 2009.

Excellent to get a quick and definitive answer. As I said, I'm not pining for a nother patch - just an enquiry.

Thanks again, feel free to close ( no doubt someone will hijack this thread complaining that there won't be another patch!)

As owner of several versions I would like to say something thats probably been said a million times but knowing that a employee of SI might listen and relay it back to their bosses is prompting me to say "SI need to invest more in their beta testing", paying customers are beginning to feel like the beta testers for your product. By the time they are close to a fully working version of the game, you have dropped all support and moved on to the next instalment of the game. TBH, whilst you may get away with it this year and the next, you are testing out how loyal customers/fans are which you shouldnt be doing, imo.

Invest more in alpha and beta testing. I have done beta testing myself of programs and I know how difficult getting a high test coverage for such a program can be but you are making healthy profits year in year out but you havent, in the eyes of the customer, improved the testing in line with the additional features within the program. Its going to get more complex and that will mean your customer running into more critical bugs upon release which simply isnt good enough from a paying customers point of view. Year after year, the initial release of the game is harder to play because of bugs, the joy is sapped out of people and we actually have to wait until April the following year for the game in its most workable state at which point support is dropped and all the focus is on the next years game.

I hope that this message is shown to someone that can bring about change because the last thing you want is to have a product release reputation worse than Microsoft's :p

Archived