AI Transfer Intelligence

I was just wandering, that when you allow transfer budgets in the first window - do AI teams know and recognise that they have already bought players in the window? Or do they think that all the players they have bought have been at the club from at least January 2008? I find it that clubs buy far too much in the first window, considering that the majority have already bought quite a lot of players in. This puts me off ticking this option, even if the club I have decied to manage desperately needs new signings.

Yes - I do turn that option off. Its just when I do not turn it off, it seems that everyone spends far too much and do not take into account the amount of new players they already have. In one of my first games Fulham bought 5 players and had 17 out of 24 players which had been signed in the summer window. That would never happen in real life and it is unrealistic, as there would be absolutely no understanding between the players.

That would never happen in real life and it is unrealistic, as there would be absolutely no understanding between the players.

Neither would three consecutive transfer windows one after the other, which is what the teams effectively have if you use the 9.3.0 database and allow transfer budgets in the first window.

You can't be serious? I'd find it astonishing if the AI recognised who had been at the club already, calculated how many they'd signed, and worked out if they could 'realistically' buy anyone else without making the transfer window look unusual.

Exactly, fulham and hull do need strengthening. The AI assesses its players and decides where it needs to improve. If you dont want them to do it, then disable budgets for first window.

Yeh so this was meant to be posted after post #4. So its relevent but everyone else covered my points.

Archived