Being an International Manager - searching for new staff = painfull

Is there a way, just like being a club manager, to search for staff that are interested in joining your national team. Im sick and tired of having to ask every single coach or pysio to become part of my national team. Its ok when your a top team because most will go to you.

Surely there must be some kind of function in place just like with being a club manager, where by you can place job ads.

The international system for searching for players and staff does seem pretty poor to me. I appointed my own U-21 and U-19 managers and I basically just had to think of people who would be good for the job and name search them. They all turned it down so in the end I had to appoint someone with no management expereince but with good stats. As for staff though, I'm unsure if they have any effect anyway or if they're just aesthetic seeing as you don't seem to be able to do any actual training.

I'm managing Cameroon atm and the way I filled my staff positions was go to staff screen, set filters to region - Africa, set staff role to is not manager click on search, sort results by reputation (lowest to hhighest), then offer contracts as needed. I got a couple of rejections but not too many and had full backroom staff after a couple of continues .

I'm managing Cameroon atm and the way I filled my staff positions was go to staff screen, set filters to region - Africa, set staff role to is not manager click on search, sort results by reputation (lowest to hhighest), then offer contracts as needed. I got a couple of rejections but not too many and had full backroom staff after a couple of continues .

I did that. Problem is Nigeria have very little staff and every single one rejected my offer as Pysio and u-19 team manager. Yip evry single one. lol

The same happened to me when I managed USA. Nobody wanted to join my staff and I played a few game without ass man. I finally found someone for the job but he wasn't that good.

When I joined England, they had the staff almost complete, just needed to hire an ass man.

But I notice that even if a member of your club staff likes you, it's rare for him to accept a job in a national side. I tried that when I managed USA (15th at world rankings) and none of them accepted.

I don't know if the rankings have any influence on the choice but it seems having a good relationship does not

The same happened to me when I managed USA. Nobody wanted to join my staff and I played a few game without ass man. I finally found someone for the job but he wasn't that good.

When I joined England, they had the staff almost complete, just needed to hire an ass man.

But I notice that even if a member of your club staff likes you, it's rare for him to accept a job in a national side. I tried that when I managed USA (15th at world rankings) and none of them accepted.

I don't know if the rankings have any influence on the choice but it seems having a good relationship does not

I hired all my English ex-coaching staff when I took over, no problems. One of them even resigned when I left such was his devotion for me (others did too). As far as staff for countries like Nigeria, Cameroon goes does it matter if they're a different nationality? They're still developing nations in football terms, they don't really have the heritage of top former players to recruit bar a few notable exceptions.

What attributes are you looking for in "International Staff". Do not see much use for anything else than high JP/JA to scout potential players.

I look for anyone. No one wants to be my u-19 manager. Its terrible trying to find staff.

What attributes are you looking for in "International Staff". Do not see much use for anything else than high JP/JA to scout potential players.
I hired all my English ex-coaching staff when I took over, no problems. One of them even resigned when I left such was his devotion for me (others did too). As far as staff for countries like Nigeria, Cameroon goes does it matter if they're a different nationality? They're still developing nations in football terms, they don't really have the heritage of top former players to recruit bar a few notable exceptions.

No it doesn't, but the problem is it's very painfully irritating that i have to spend hrs trying to find staff.

i got Aidy Boothroyd as my Under 21 Manager and Colin Cooper as my Under 19 Manager for England. I did have Materazzi as my Under 21 (lasted 4 games) until he went to Mantova for his 1st club job.

Usually your gonna just have to get people from same country, people with not the greatest reputation but decent stats. Maybe try people who are retiring to become coaches as was the case with Materazzi it worked for me.

i got Aidy Boothroyd as my Under 21 Manager and Colin Cooper as my Under 19 Manager for England. I did have Materazzi as my Under 21 (lasted 4 games) until he went to Mantova for his 1st club job.

Usually your gonna just have to get people from same country, people with not the greatest reputation but decent stats. Maybe try people who are retiring to become coaches as was the case with Materazzi it worked for me.

A lot of developing countries don't have many staff mate so not possible.

Archived