Coaches

• 2 weeks later...

The more players that a coach has to coach, his effectiveness starts to decrease. Basically he cannot give as much time to players because he has more to deal with. This is the reason as you add more players to your team, the work schedule changes. When you do not have many players for a coach to deal with, the workload is light. As you add more players to that training schedule, it changes. When the status changes, the coaching starts to not work as well.

So to answer your question, the more players a coach has to work with, the less effective he becomes. I always try to keep the work load at light levels to get the best out of my coaches and for the players as well.

Whilst what rockyO says makes perfect logical sense, I'm not sure the game translates it that way. If a coach has too many players on one schedule so that the workload increases, it does affect training for sure - but has anyone experienced a change to heavy workload because a coach is working with both the first team squad and youth squad? I've never heard of that.

Has anyone done an experiment to put a coach on an optimum workload with a first team squad, then add one youth player to see if it tips the workload into the next category? I'd be interested to hear if anyone has found this, but I suspect it ain't so. My hunch is that the simple answer to wllm's questionas qualified by rockyO is still 'yes'.

After reading what phnompenhandy wrote, I think that is right. I have never seen a training schedule for senior members affected by how many youth players the coach was training. I think it would only be senior players that affect the training schedule for the senior team while the youth schedule is only affected by youth members.

Archived