added time too short?

I believe I am not the first one to mention this problem, but I decided to open a new thread as I couldn't see another one serving the same purpose.

After installing patch 9.0.3, which I must say is a big big improvement, the added time at the end of matches seems to be significantly decreased. In many games, the referee gives 1 or 2 minutes, 3 is rare, 4 and above is very exceptional. However, in real life 3 minutes is very common, 4 coming after that. As far as I am concerned, irl the referees are instructed to add an extra 30 seconds for each substitution (unless made during half time) and 1 minute for each on-field physio action. Yet, since we get frequent injuries resulting in green crosses during the games and at least 5 substitutions per game (usually all 6), 2 minutes added time seems to be very unreasonable. If there are no plans for a new patch, I believe whatever causing this must be properly addressed for FM2010.

The amount of time added on was reduced specifically because of the amount of goals people (myself included) were losing in time added on and because the amount of time announced to be added in the 90th minute was never the same as the actual time added.

True on occasion the ref sometimes does go slightly over the allocated time added on, but imo SI have got it spot on and I for one am glad that my team can now sometimes manage to hold on to a 1-0 win rather than lose an inevitable equaliser in the 6th minute of injury time, when there was only meant to be 3 minutes added the way it was before 9.3 patch.

Archived