The Big Fat "Survival Sunday" Thread *mega spoilers* 4 for the price of 1.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Norwich 37 -29 33

Southampton 37 -20 32

C Palace 37 -21 32

West Brom 37 -27 31

</pre>

Fulham v Norwich City

If Norwich win they stay up, if they draw or lose they stay up if none of the other 3 win. If any of them do then they are down.

Fulham (from): van der Sar, Volz, Knight, Goma, Bocanegra, Malbranque, Clark, Pembridge, Boa Morte, Radzinski, McBride, Cole, Bouba Diop, Rehman, Timlin, Pearce, Crossley

Norwich City (from): Green, Drury, Shackell, Fleming, Helveg, Huckerby, Francis, Safri, Bentley, Ashton, McKenzie, Svensson, Jonson, Charlton, Holt, Doherty, Stuart, Ward.

Carlos Bocanegra is set to come in to the Fulham side for left-back Liam Rosenior, who was sent off in last weekend’s 3-1 win at Blackburn Rovers.

Bocanegra steps up from the bench for the Cottagers, who will have Senegal midfielder Papa Boupa Diop back in the squad after suspension.

Striker Andy Cole, who has been out with an Achilles problem, faces a late fitness check to see if he can return but Holland Under-21 international striker Collins John is again ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Norwich still haven't won away from home though.

Southampton v Manchester United

If Southampton win and Norwich don't and Palace don't win by a bigger margin (at least 2 goals more unless they score 6 or more) then Southampton stay up, If they draw Norwich lose and neither of the other two win then they stay up. If they lose they are down.

Southampton (from): Niemi, Telfer, Lundekvam, Higginbotham, Bernard, Delap, Jakobsson, Le Saux, Quashie, Oakley, Redknapp, Prutton, Phillips, Camara, Blackstock, Jones, Nilsson, Ormerod, Smith.

Manchester United (from): Carroll, Howard, G Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, O’Shea, Fortune, P Neville, Ronaldo, Scholes, Keane, Fletcher, Kleberson, Miller, Giggs, van Nistelrooy, Smith, Saha, Rooney.

Crouch is suspended, Prutton returns after a ten match ban. Heinze is still injured for United.

Charlton Athletic v Crystal Palace

If Palace win and Norwich and Southampton don't then Palace stay up, if they win by 2 more goals than Southampton do and Norwich don't win then they stay up. If they draw and Norwich and Southampton lose and WBA don't win then they stay up.

Charlton Athletic (from): Kiely, Andersen, Young, Kishishev, Holland, Murphy, El Karkouri, Konchesky, Rommedahl, Johansson, Fortune, Euell, Lisbie, Hughes, Thomas, Jeffers, Bartlett, Perry, Fish.

Crystal Palace (from): Kiraly, Butterfield, Powell, Borrowdale, Routledge, Hughes, Riihilahti, Kolkka, Johnson, Freedman, Speroni, Torghelle, Ventola, Leigertwood, Popovic, Hall, Granville

Dowie will be without Uruguay defender Gonzalo Sorondo for the short trip to The Valley.

Sorondo was sent off during last Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Southampton - his second red card of the season - so misses the Addicks showdown through suspension.

Otherwise, only long-term absentees Emmerson Boyce (foot) and striker Tommy Black (leg) are unavailable for the south London derby.

West Bromich Albion v Portsmouth

West Brom must win and have none of the other three win, if they do then they stay up, otherwise they are down.

West Bromwich Albion (from): Kuszczak, Hoult, Gaardsoe, Moore, Clement, Albrechtsen, Scimeca, Wallwork, Robinson, Greening, Richardson, Gera, Campbell, Horsfield, Kanu, Earnshaw, Inamoto, Murphy.

Portsmouth (from): Ashdown; Primus, De Zeeuw, Stefanovic, Taylor; O’Neil, Cisse, Skopelitis, Hughes; Yakubu, Kamara, Chalkias, Fuller, Rodic, Mezague, Duffy, Keene.

Teenagers Richard Duffy and James Keene are in a Pompey squad much reduced by injuries for the trip to the midlands.

Defender Duffy, who has been on loan at Coventry and Burnley, has yet to make a Barclays Premiership appearance this term. Striker Keene, who has also been out on loan at Kidderminster, made his debut in last week’s home draw with Bolton Wanderers.

Alain Perrin’s options have been hit by injuries to Lomana LuaLua, Patrik Berger, Steve Stone, Svetoslav Todorov and Vincent Pericard and he may use the final match of the season to look again at on-loan midfielder Valery Mezague.

The influential Richardson is brought back into Robson’s squad after being ineligible against United, while defender Richard Chaplow is also pushing for a recall after recovering from his knee problem. Robson will have no qualms about relying on Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak again if, as expected, regular number one Russell Hoult fails a fitness test on the groin he pulled at Old Trafford last week.

All games at 3pm Southampton v Manchester United and Fulham v Noriwch are on Sky.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Norwich 37 -29 33

Southampton 37 -20 32

C Palace 37 -21 32

West Brom 37 -27 31

</pre>

Fulham v Norwich City

If Norwich win they stay up, if they draw or lose they stay up if none of the other 3 win. If any of them do then they are down.

Fulham (from): van der Sar, Volz, Knight, Goma, Bocanegra, Malbranque, Clark, Pembridge, Boa Morte, Radzinski, McBride, Cole, Bouba Diop, Rehman, Timlin, Pearce, Crossley

Norwich City (from): Green, Drury, Shackell, Fleming, Helveg, Huckerby, Francis, Safri, Bentley, Ashton, McKenzie, Svensson, Jonson, Charlton, Holt, Doherty, Stuart, Ward.

Carlos Bocanegra is set to come in to the Fulham side for left-back Liam Rosenior, who was sent off in last weekend’s 3-1 win at Blackburn Rovers.

Bocanegra steps up from the bench for the Cottagers, who will have Senegal midfielder Papa Boupa Diop back in the squad after suspension.

Striker Andy Cole, who has been out with an Achilles problem, faces a late fitness check to see if he can return but Holland Under-21 international striker Collins John is again ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Norwich still haven't won away from home though.

Southampton v Manchester United

If Southampton win and Norwich don't and Palace don't win by a bigger margin (at least 2 goals more unless they score 6 or more) then Southampton stay up, If they draw Norwich lose and neither of the other two win then they stay up. If they lose they are down.

Southampton (from): Niemi, Telfer, Lundekvam, Higginbotham, Bernard, Delap, Jakobsson, Le Saux, Quashie, Oakley, Redknapp, Prutton, Phillips, Camara, Blackstock, Jones, Nilsson, Ormerod, Smith.

Manchester United (from): Carroll, Howard, G Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, O’Shea, Fortune, P Neville, Ronaldo, Scholes, Keane, Fletcher, Kleberson, Miller, Giggs, van Nistelrooy, Smith, Saha, Rooney.

Crouch is suspended, Prutton returns after a ten match ban. Heinze is still injured for United.

Charlton Athletic v Crystal Palace

If Palace win and Norwich and Southampton don't then Palace stay up, if they win by 2 more goals than Southampton do and Norwich don't win then they stay up. If they draw and Norwich and Southampton lose and WBA don't win then they stay up.

Charlton Athletic (from): Kiely, Andersen, Young, Kishishev, Holland, Murphy, El Karkouri, Konchesky, Rommedahl, Johansson, Fortune, Euell, Lisbie, Hughes, Thomas, Jeffers, Bartlett, Perry, Fish.

Crystal Palace (from): Kiraly, Butterfield, Powell, Borrowdale, Routledge, Hughes, Riihilahti, Kolkka, Johnson, Freedman, Speroni, Torghelle, Ventola, Leigertwood, Popovic, Hall, Granville

Dowie will be without Uruguay defender Gonzalo Sorondo for the short trip to The Valley.

Sorondo was sent off during last Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Southampton - his second red card of the season - so misses the Addicks showdown through suspension.

Otherwise, only long-term absentees Emmerson Boyce (foot) and striker Tommy Black (leg) are unavailable for the south London derby.

West Bromich Albion v Portsmouth

West Brom must win and have none of the other three win, if they do then they stay up, otherwise they are down.

West Bromwich Albion (from): Kuszczak, Hoult, Gaardsoe, Moore, Clement, Albrechtsen, Scimeca, Wallwork, Robinson, Greening, Richardson, Gera, Campbell, Horsfield, Kanu, Earnshaw, Inamoto, Murphy.

Portsmouth (from): Ashdown; Primus, De Zeeuw, Stefanovic, Taylor; O’Neil, Cisse, Skopelitis, Hughes; Yakubu, Kamara, Chalkias, Fuller, Rodic, Mezague, Duffy, Keene.

Teenagers Richard Duffy and James Keene are in a Pompey squad much reduced by injuries for the trip to the midlands.

Defender Duffy, who has been on loan at Coventry and Burnley, has yet to make a Barclays Premiership appearance this term. Striker Keene, who has also been out on loan at Kidderminster, made his debut in last week’s home draw with Bolton Wanderers.

Alain Perrin’s options have been hit by injuries to Lomana LuaLua, Patrik Berger, Steve Stone, Svetoslav Todorov and Vincent Pericard and he may use the final match of the season to look again at on-loan midfielder Valery Mezague.

The influential Richardson is brought back into Robson’s squad after being ineligible against United, while defender Richard Chaplow is also pushing for a recall after recovering from his knee problem. Robson will have no qualms about relying on Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak again if, as expected, regular number one Russell Hoult fails a fitness test on the groin he pulled at Old Trafford last week.

All games at 3pm Southampton v Manchester United and Fulham v Noriwch are on Sky.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Norwich and Palace to stay up please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickygreenan:

"survival sunday" needs to die. i have no idea why, but i find it the most infuriating thing ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too actually, I wish I hadn't have used it now icon_biggrin.gif

The thing is GG the gap is huge. If Southampton had not had a poor season the promoted clubs would be down already.

With Wigan coming up and having oodles of £££££ to spend another established club is going to go down.

I just pray it is not us...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

The thing is GG the gap is huge. If Southampton had not had a poor season the promoted clubs would be down already.

With Wigan coming up and having oodles of £££££ to spend another established club is going to go down.

I just pray it is not us... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I agree completley SC, just I'd get sick of that debate being whored around for weeks after this Sunday.

I'd love us to send Soton down but it won't happen.. we're in a bit of a mess - they're fighting for their lives - and we've had our fair share of defeats against them before.

They'll probably beat us thinking about it.

Hopefully Norwich win and stay up though icon14.gif

I'm suprised by the support for Palace here. Cheers guys icon14.gif Before Southampton last week I was a nervous wreck, this week however I'm calm. I guess because we can only do our best and its out of our hands.

Palace or WBA for me.

Wouldn't normally mind Southampton but they have been lucky c*nts of late, 2 late goals saving them in the last 2 games and god knows how they got a point from the Reebok.

Wouldn't mind Norwich either but Delia Smith is an utterly detestable bint.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

i want Southampton after what Crouch said today about giving up his England place

arrogant twat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

Nervous now, been calm and "we've been shyte all season so its our own fault" mentality all week,

But now its close and everywhere you look its staring you in the face I've got twitchy and its gonna be nappy time tomorrow again.

I'll be on sky at about 4.30 chewing my finger nails past the elbow probably,

I wish I could enjoy this from a neutral viewpoint like the majority of you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

who was bottom at Christmas? because i'd like then to escape to break that tradition </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it Norwich?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

who was bottom at Christmas? because i'd like then to escape to break that tradition </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it Norwich? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it was WBA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

I have split loyalties. I'm watching it with a Saints supporting mate so I'd like them to stay up but i have a bet on all 4 to win in which case Norwich would stay up... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So United will win, your bet will be down, and your mates team will be down. Gutted. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickygreenan:

"survival sunday" needs to die. i have no idea why, but i find it the most infuriating thing ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. The same applies to all the stupid titles Sky come up with to hype up games beyond belief. They just make me want to stab someone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

I have split loyalties. I'm watching it with a Saints supporting mate so I'd like them to stay up but i have a bet on all 4 to win in which case Norwich would stay up... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So United will win, your bet will be down, and your mates team will be down. Gutted. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bet's a yankee so that's just part of the debt down icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A-Team:

Exactly. The same applies to all the stupid titles Sky come up with to hype up games beyond belief. They just make me want to stab someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't this the first time in the Premiership that no team has been relegated before the last day though?

Men to Watch

Soton - Henry Camara. He arguably could have scored a hattrick at old trafford last year with wolves, i think with uniteds back line looking ever so nervous, his pace could be a factor. I would like to see him close down whoever is in goal as both goalies arent very high on confidense.

Palace- Nicola Ventola. Very good OTB runner and a good finisher from his time in italy. It will be interesting if dowie goes with a 4-4-2. Longballs over the top could be the answer with the pace of A.J and Ventola.

Norwich- David Bentley. With liam rosenior out and bocanegra lacking match fitness, this could be an interesting battle. I can see him unsettling the american fullback and with ashton and Mckenzie snooping arround Bentley could well be the one to suply the needed crosses.

West Brom- Kanu. He hasnt figured much this term, but he is a big game player. I feel him and earnshaw should get the nod as Dezeuw and Stefanovic will not be easilly moved by the strenght of campbell and horsefield. If they can get off the ball runners into the box, the likes of richardson, gera, earnshaw and greening, Kanus trickery might well be what unlocks the pompey defense.

My Overall Prediction

I think ManUtd will have a point to prove after the loss to chelsea, and knowing sir alex, he will want to get a good win under his belt before the Cup final. Without crouch, i dont see southampton getting a positive result from this one.

I see it ending 0-3 to united

Charlton have had their usual end of season slump, and i think they will want to give their fans something special as the last home game. They were excelent against chelsea and it will be a big ask for Palace to pull off a win at the valley. It might be tight and boring for most of the game but i think Palace might be in a position where they will have to come out, charlton have some smart players with pace, and if they score 1st, it could be danger for palace.

I see it ending 3-1 to Charlton.

Fulham like charlton will be looking for a win in their last home game. I think norwich are a good attacking side, but dont defend very well as a unit. This could end up being a high scoring game. Fulham played some terrific stuff against blackburn and i was pleased with their passing. I can see Helveg being over powered by Boa morte and malbranque, his lack of concentration could be vital in this game.

I see it ending 4-2 to Fulham.

Portsmouth have nothing really to play for. They proved at birmingham that they can go and play for a point. I think westbrom will have to set the tempo of this one. Its going to be a difficult game for both sides. I have the feeling the 12th man will have something to do with the outcome, be it the crowd or the referee. I dont believe Pompey will lie down and get beat like some people might think. Parrin is a very disciplined man, and he will he expecting 100% from his players. With pompey not needing to come out and arguably looking for a clean sheet, 1 goal could yet decide it.

I see it ending 1-0 to the baggies.

I think westbrom will be the ones to stay up. Psycologically, they have the easiest task. Just to win at home, and hope other results go their way.

Well thats my analysis, good luck to all you fans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

hyped up too much. my bet is norwich score two early goals and everyone will switch off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said.

WBA to go down please icon14.gif

And VITAL European qualification games going on btw in City Vs Boro and an outside game of Spurs Vs Blackburn

Archived