51 Year Old Keeper?

Im using 9.3.0 Patch.

Anybody else's got this or is it just mine being extremely ****ed up? :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has been up about a million times, dont use the forums ever. :o

"Stefano Tacconi"

x3a93p.jpg

EDIT; Everyone else might aswell put up the oldest player they can find. :cool:

Wow. Who does he play for, and which league? And does he still play regularly?

Found the following:

Stanley Matthews played his final game for Stoke City on February 6, 1965. He was 50 years and 4 days old.

The official record is held by John Ryan the owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club. He brought himself on as substitute in the last minute of a game in 2003 aged 52 years, 11 months. Making stanley Matthews look like just a schoolboy at a youthful 50!!

In 2007: The world's current oldest footballer is Brazilian Tercio Mariano de Rezende, a right winger with his local club. He is 87. [doesn't say what league - if any]

Neville Southall was 45 when he last played professionally, I think.

Wow. Who does he play for, and which league? And does he still play regularly?

Found the following:

Stanley Matthews played his final game for Stoke City on February 6, 1965. He was 50 years and 4 days old.

The official record is held by John Ryan the owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club. He brought himself on as substitute in the last minute of a game in 2003 aged 52 years, 11 months. Making stanley Matthews look like just a schoolboy at a youthful 50!!

In 2007: The world's current oldest footballer is Brazilian Tercio Mariano de Rezende, a right winger with his local club. He is 87. [doesn't say what league - if any]

Neville Southall was 45 when he last played professionally, I think.

87! thats impressive, I better get back into excercise and stop using my age as an excuse LOL,

An elderly relation of mine played for Oldham for many years both before and after WWII. Having felt he had "missed" a number of years because of the war, he didn't finish his goalkeeping career with Oldham until he was 46. After that he moved to Hyde United and played semi-professionally until he was 56. He only packed in then because he didn't think it was fair that a good "youngster" wasn't getting a fair chance to displace him from the team lol.

It wasn't uncommon for players in those days to continue well into their mid to late 40's and many ex-full timers carried on playing as semi-pro's or amateurs well into their 50's.

These days it's mostly goalies who tend to continue into their 40's although it's clear that there's still plenty of outfield players in Italy who are also playing at a high standard post 40.

I think there are a few players around at the moment that look like they could carry on into their mid 40's at a decent level - Cannavaro, David James, Figo, Canizares etc.

I also remember Rio Ferdinand saying he wants to still be playing professional football into his 40's........but 56 that is hardcore :eek:

Im using 9.3.0 Patch.

Anybody else's got this or is it just mine being extremely ****ed up? :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has been up about a million times, dont use the forums ever. :o

"Stefano Tacconi"

x3a93p.jpg

EDIT; Everyone else might aswell put up the oldest player they can find.

I think he may still be better than Hurelho Gomes...why is his teamwork value 2? Is he not down with the kids then :p

Slipknot - you found your granddad whilst you were looking for 'Louise'? ;)

I'll bet your ol' Mr. Hymns has accel, pace and stamina of 1.

Lol...erm yeah,:o anyway I just sent my scout to have a look at Hyms to get his hidden attribures revealed, I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: acceleration, pace and strength are all 4 and his stamina is 6

In 2008 Stefano Tacconi came out of retirement at the age of 51 to play for semi-pro club F.C Arqueta (Who are in around the 9th tier of the Italian league system), having made his last professional appearance for Genoa in 1995. It's the database being accurate.

Club Albion is an amateur club in Hong Kong, and play in the Yauyee League. Which is an amateur football league. Why an amateur football league is included in FM is open to question, but Hymns is not over aged for the league Club Albion play in.

Love the fact that Papin is back in the game :-)

Papin.jpg

Wow. Six is quite a pace when you're 44.

My 40 year old GK has pace == 1 (No I don't play him anymore, it's just that he's a club legend and keeps other players happy, and has very good mental atrtributes, so he might end up turning into a good coach someday)

Cheers,

Fowler

Archived