was Man city & Shakhtar working together on this deal?

ok i decided to go man united because although i like a challange i wanted to see if i could win everything in one season with man utd. i was selling darren fletcher and man city came in with a offer which i turned down because i never wanted to sell to the locals and shakhtar came in with a bid a few days later so i accepted as i thought this would be the best deal for me for fletcher not playing in the same league.

.... i sold him on the 31/07/08 for 8.5 million. TEN DAYS later he signs for man city for 12.5 million. now i cant see FM brining this into the game but i cant help but think of all these conspiracy theorys was they working together as man city would have probaly bid for him only a couple days later for it to be completed so quickly.

aaamanu.jpg

Hmm i don't think Sir Alex would be particularly happy if that happened in real life. Is there any rule in real-life against a player moving twice in the same transfer window?

No, but a player can't play for more than two clubs in the same season.

Hmm i don't think Sir Alex would be particularly happy if that happened in real life. Is there any rule in real-life against a player moving twice in the same transfer window?

Gabriel Heinze nearly did this, by going to Palace, then moving to Liverpool. Judging by the two legs we played against Madrid, glad he didn't join.

Nope, just that he can only play competitive matches for two teams in one season, so if he had not yet played in a non-friendly first-team game for at least one of Manchester Poonited or Shaktar Donetsk that season, no limitations except a one-season European cup-tie if he had already been registered for a UEFA Cup/Intertoto Cup/Europa League/Champions League/maybe European Super Cup or Club World Championship squad that season, whether he had played or not. Even if he had already played for Manchester Poonited AND Shaktar Donetsk, he could still be signed, but could not be played for the remainder of the season.

EDIT : Darn you GillsMan.

Gabriel Heinze nearly did this, by going to Palace, then moving to Liverpool. Judging by the two legs we played against Madrid, glad he didn't join.

Didi Hamman did this aswell. Moved to Bolton for free then Man City brought him 2 days after for £6m.

Welcome Joebo4697! :)

Seems strange, orginally he would go to Shakatar! plus thats cheap for Fletcher IMO!

Sell on is always a good idea when lots of interest.

i needed a quick sale so i could pay for a left back so 8.5 million was ok with me as nobody was bidding 10 million asking price for him... although man city had no problem signing him for 12.5 million! ...and yes in hindsight i should have really included a sell on clause.

IIRC Wiltord spent 13 days at Valencia before moving to Arsenal but that was way back when

Archived