Should SI bring out a 4th patch?

Would a 4th patch make it any better?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would a 4th patch make it any better?

• Yay; the game is still buggy and could do wi ANOTHER kick up the butt
    • Nay; the game is quality as is and i'll wait till FM10

Seems fine to me, ME working really well in my opinion. OP what exactly do you find wrong with the game, pointless statingjust "this" and "that".

:thup: Headed goals from corners are only an issue if you try and exploit the match engine, 'cause the AI doesn't. Regarding long shots, it seems 9.3 is more accurate to real life, and I can't really see how that can be disputed.

Hershie.... get a grip. Im asking a general question on peoples opinion.

Certain things have not been fixed/or are still at an un-acceptable level for people. I am having trouble with my keepers (as in there are NONE in my youth team for 5 years (im in 2022/23 season)), other people i know now find the 3-d alot poorer than before, my central defender scoring 31 goals per season, etc... these are problems with the latest and so called FINAL patch. If you dont have any problems say so, but dont be a prat... ok?

Certain things have not been fixed/or are still at an un-acceptable level for people. I am having trouble with my keepers (as in there are NONE in my youth team for 5 years (im in 2022/23 season)), other people i know now find the 3-d alot poorer than before, etc... these are problems with the latest and so called FINAL patch. If you dont have any problems say so, but dont be a prat... ok?

What? It's only okay to be a prat if you agree with the OP? I should've learnt that by now..

I'm not having issues, and I'm putting across my side, answering a sarcasticly toned post with a blunt reply; problem? :)

What? It's only okay to be a prat if you agree with the OP? I should've learnt that by now..

I'm not having issues, and I'm putting across my side, answering a sarcasticly toned post with a blunt reply; problem? :)

Sarcastic? how?

I asked a simple question and asked for a choice (thats the keyword here), choice from a positive answer or a negative answer. No bias either way. I then gave MY reasons as to why i thought that a 4th patch MIGHT be good for all involved and some issues that could be corrected.

Problem; yes.

Certain things have not been fixed/or are still at an un-acceptable level for people. I am having trouble with my keepers (as in there are NONE in my youth team for 5 years (im in 2022/23 season)), other people i know now find the 3-d alot poorer than before, my central defender scoring 31 goals per season, etc... these are problems with the latest and so called FINAL patch. If you dont have any problems say so, but dont be a prat... ok?

He's not being a prat. He's offered examples of defenders lashing the ball in from 30 yards, the corner exploit is only one that is used by humans so there's a simple workaround (don't exploit it), and while the ME isn't perfect, it's far from buggy. I think the ME is quite good, it's certainly been realistic in the games I've played at the higher and lower echelons of the football league and seem to reflect the tactics I'm employing (even if that means I'm usually losing).

There is a simple way to get round the corner bug. Dont have anybody challenging the keeper. If you are so annoyed with it just dont use it. It is a bug that can be avoided.

I dont actually see it as a bug because I have my CB challenging the goalkeeper with 2 players on the posts with the corner going into the 6 yard box and have only scored 4 or 5 goals and that is after playing about 50 games.

There is no need for a new patch the game is brilliant in my opinion and SI need to keep up the good work to make FM10 even better

He's not being a prat. He's offered examples of defenders lashing the ball in from 30 yards, the corner exploit is only one that is used by humans so there's a simple workaround (don't exploit it), and while the ME isn't perfect, it's far from buggy. I think the ME is quite good, it's certainly been realistic in the games I've played at the higher and lower echelons of the football league and seem to reflect the tactics I'm employing (even if that means I'm usually losing).

That is exactly my experience too. There are a few things that could be worked on, such as corners fo example, but if they don't come out in a new patch then hopefully they will be out in the next game.

The match engine is sweet but I do hope that both the player and AI gets specific man marking for corners in the near future. Difficult to code perhaps when you have to factor in heights, anticipation, jumping, aggression, bravery etc. but something is better than nothing ;) Some of us lack the willpower to not win vital games by sending your best header to the right spot...

The game is fine as it is............people will ALWAYS find something that there not 100% happy about, thats just the way it is........but then if football in real life was 100% correct all the time it'd be no where near as exciting as it is!!

• SI Staff

We could release 10 patches and there would be some issue that would get picked up on.

We are working on FM2010 now, with a view to making it our best yet.

Archived