FM wont load last saved game.

Just went to boot up FM, and got about 30 of these messages before it actually booted up -

fmproblem.png

It finally loaded after plenty of those messages, and I went to load my last saved game, but it wasn't there by thw quick way, so I went into my folder, found it, tried to load it and a message like the one above came up saying "This game could not be loaded".

Is there any way I can fix this?

Last time I saved it, I saved the perfectly normal way, and before you ask, yes I am using a genuine version of FM, not pirated.

Thanks,

Rhys.

Looks like your save is corrupted, so there's no way of getting it back. For future reference, this gets rid of XML errors in most cases:

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Other XML Errors

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

i have exactly the same spec and the game runs quite fast for me

I suppose it depends on your standards as well as other things. Me, I'm very impatient & like to multi-task while playing FM. When doing this, I just can't bear how much it slows down my computer. As a result, I haven't played FM09 half as much as other games in the series, but I still get in a fair amount of FM time now on FM Live.

hi rhys i had the same problem as you yesterday but i managed to get my game back. do you know how much memory you have left on your hard drive as i only had 15 mb left when i had the problem so i deleted a few programs and all the save games and skins that i knew that im not gonna use to free up memory and loaded the game up again and tried to load my save game and it loaded up fine i hope that this helps.

hi rhys i had the same problem as you yesterday but i managed to get my game back. do you know how much memory you have left on your hard drive as i only had 15 mb left when i had the problem so i deleted a few programs and all the save games and skins that i knew that im not gonna use to free up memory and loaded the game up again and tried to load my save game and it loaded up fine i hope that this helps.

I think there's around 470Gb left on my HDD.

It would certainly suprise me if it was that :p

Archived