Career savegame - New patch??

Quick, hopefully easy, question for everyone.

I’ve got a really enjoyable career savegame going on FM2009 at the moment, running the 9.2.0. patch.

I DON’T want to start a newgame, the new database changes/update will make no difference to me either.

So is it worth me downloading & installing the 9.3.0 patch?

Are there obvious improvements in the match engine?

Does it fix any of the major bugs mentioned in these forums?

Does the ‘whole game’ now play much differently i.e. will my current, successful tactic continue to work?

Will my strikers start banging more goals in at the expense of my midfielders, or vice versa?

I’ve also read threads in here, which mention savegames disappearing after installing new patch.

On the other hand if 9.3.0. plays better, and has ironed out the initial teething problems with the game I don’t want to miss out on the improvements.

HELP!!!!

There are lots of important fixes in 9.3.0 which you won't need to start a new game for, so I'd strongly recommend you to download and install it for your ongoing career game :thup:

- Match engine was greatly improved imho,

- the Bojan bug is fixed along with many smaller ones

- less one on ones in the match engine will favour tactics less which depended on quick strikers to have so many clean runs on goal

- cannot answer the last one. Have seen no changes and no changes claimed by many on here.

Please check the full changelist on the GD main page - it's all in there if you want to know the details :)

Definitely download 9.3.0 as the fixes are worth it and it is save game compatable.

Will my current, successful tactic continue to work?

It took me weeks of tweaking to get it just right, and I've spent years building up my squad with just the right balance of youth and experience to fit that tactic.

I'm really worried that installing this new patch will radically alter gameplay, and destroy all my work.

It depends on your tactic. If it is designed to exploit the flaw that there were too many clean runs on goal by quick strikers, then it's likely that your tactic will work a bit worse.

Other than that it's about the same. Some have a bit more success, others a bit less.

Definitely your tactic will not be completely broken by the new patch. It might be helpful or necessary to make a few tweaks here and there, but there were no radical changes.

It depends on your tactic. If it is designed to exploit the flaw that there were too many clean runs on goal by quick strikers, then it's likely that your tactic will work a bit worse.

Other than that it's about the same. Some have a bit more success, others a bit less.

Definitely your tactic will not be completely broken by the new patch. It might be helpful or necessary to make a few tweaks here and there, but there were no radical changes.

Thanks mate, I'll download it tonight then.

I assume BITTORRENT is the fastest & best way to do it?

PS I don't use steam.

Archived