Getting the best out of Benzema (player naming, obviously)

Morning all.

I signed Karim Benzema for Juventus at the start of the second season based on my scouts report of him (quality player etc...) and that I've never signed him before on FM and he's an exciting player.

I'm playing him as a striker in a 442 usually alongside a forward whereas he's a striker, but he's been pretty awful for me.

In 15 games he's scored 5 goals and just went through 8 hours without scoring. His average rating for the season is 6.91. This is compared to his last season with Lyon where his stats were 15 goals out of 26 and 7.58 rating.

I also bought Guilherme from Valencia for a 1/3rd of the price and he's been great, same with my backup striker Amauri, both score goals for fun.

Anyone have any tips on getting Benzema to score as many goals as he should? He's been very disappointing so far and I really don't want to have to sell him.

i used him in a 4-2-2-2 tactic that i made myself and still use now and when i was lyon he was world class this was with kallstrom and cant remeber whu on the Right wing but he was upfront with fred thats all i could give u

His average rating for the season is 6.91. This is compared to his last season with Lyon where his stats were 15 goals out of 26 and 7.58 rating.

There is a pretty big difference in class between the French and Italian leagues. Strikers should be getting lower ratings after moving to Italy, it is known for tough defences of course

i signed him for stupid money at £56m for spurs about 4 seasons in. I have him with attacking mentality and hold up ball. Nothing else really changed tbh. He's done excellently for me in three years, being top scorer each time with around 30 goals.

i signed him for stupid money at £56m for spurs about 4 seasons in. I have him with attacking mentality and hold up ball. Nothing else really changed tbh. He's done excellently for me in three years, being top scorer each time with around 30 goals.

56mil?? Wow. Spurs signed him on mine for about thirty ish. Took forest up and bought him off them when they went into admin a few seasons down the line.

56mil though!

Get Benzema to learn place shots, give him a creative freedom of about 12-13, FR; mixed, RWB; mixed or often, LS; none, CB; none, TTB; none.

Job done, scoring plenty. He's excellent as a lone man as-well. Don't give him service in the air that is not his strength play the ball to his feet. :thup:

i am having the same problem with torres. him and benzema are very alike in attributes (torres is better) but are the same types of players. in first season torres gets 28 goals in all comps - not as good as his previous season (IRL) but not bad at all. second season - 5 goals by March.

whats happened to him? to be fair he has just scored 5 goals in a matter of weeks, inc a hattrik against bayern where he was awesome to take him to 10 for the season - but i'm still at a loss as to why he has been dry of goals.

anybody know how to use him to the greatest advantage???

Thanks a lot Hopey, I've got him learning to place shots already so thats handy, and had the ball going to his feet as he wasn't fast or good at jumping, I'll give the other stuff a go. Should I be using his as my target man or support striker? Being an ST I assumed he would be leading with Giovinco/Guilherme in support, but I could have him as support with Trezeguet/Amauri as the target man.

I've just bought him for Real Madrid in the January window in my 2nd season and so far, so good. I had him at Chelsea on a previous save and he was really good there, too. I've never had a problem with him or noticed that he hasn't been that great. Sergio Aguero is the problem for me. He's always rubbish. :p

Archived