Programming or cheating?

One of the opposition players is standing next to my goal line (but still in play) when his team have a throw in. He is behind every player on the pitch including my GK when the ball gets thrown to him, he crosses, goal. I've watched in slow motion in different angles and using the radar. It is not even close.

It does not even say my players are protesting or any hint at all that the goal is wrong.

There is no offsides on throw-ins.

Seriously?

Shockerooney.

Why did no one pick him up then and just leave him on his own. Still comes down to programming surely. i have no control over this. I have no options for defending throw ins. It would be great if I could tell my CF's just to stand on the opposition goal line. Either way i feel cheated.

Seriously?

Shockerooney.

Why did no one pick him up then and just leave him on his own. Still comes down to programming surely. i have no control over this. I have no options for defending throw ins. It would be great if I could tell my CF's just to stand on the opposition goal line. Either way i feel cheated.

Post this in the bugs forum then - and upload the pkm of the match for PaulC to have a look at.

A player cannot be off-side from a throw-in. Plus the opposition (you in this instance) must be at least five yards away from the player taking the throw so depending on where the throw-in was taken, your players may not have been able to pick the opposing player up. Not sure that adding a feature for setting up marking at throw-in's would be that useful, I think that it's just one of those things that you have to accept will happen once in a while.

A player cannot be off-side from a throw-in. Plus the opposition (you in this instance) must be at least five yards away from the player taking the throw so depending on where the throw-in was taken, your players may not have been able to pick the opposing player up. Not sure that adding a feature for setting up marking at throw-in's would be that useful, I think that it's just one of those things that you have to accept will happen once in a while.

You can stand as close to a throw in taker as you want so long as you don't obstruct him taking the throw.

You can stand as close to a throw in taker as you want so long as you don't obstruct him taking the throw.

Unfortunately we were both wrong! I got this from the FA website:

All opponents must stand no less than 2 meters from the point at which the throw-in is taken.

i remember in real life, think it was a liverpool match, that the liverpool player took a throw in to a player who was 'off side' (obviously you can't be offside from a throw in) and the linesman flagged offside.

there was uproar about how officials dont know even the basic rules.

so yeah. no offside froma throw in.

Archived