New Regens ask for too much money?

It has come across that Regens ask for way too much money. Im Man City just starting my 6th seasons and Ive spent £100m on new Regens to see who comes through the ranks. I have every good one from the ages of 15-21. Everyone gets a minimum of £15k a week, some are on £54k a week at the age of 16. It is completely unrealistic and needs to be sorted out for the new game. And whats even cheekier is that they ask to be int he first team at age of 15 and 16.

Did u bid a high price for those new regens (i.e. more than 5 million pounds)? If so, it seems that the AI automatically assign the player to have an expectation of a key player or first team status, coupled with high wages per week. Try scouting the players first and see what are their wage demands.

Did u bid a high price for those new regens (i.e. more than 5 million pounds)? If so, it seems that the AI automatically assign the player to have an expectation of a key player or first team status, coupled with high wages per week. Try scouting the players first and see what are their wage demands.

Yes some of them iI had to pay £20m for. It seems going Man City everyone expects you to pay more. I have 14 scouts searching for new-gens and they are always already snapped up before i get to them. I even tried scouting all the u-19 and u-21 national teams. I also have scouts looking at u-19 leagues in Europe. Having said that even the lower club teams ask for around £5m-20m for each of their future stars.

my regens get 26000 £ a year

sounds like u dont know whut u are doing

Lol no I do know what im doing. they refuse to sign a contract with me unless iI give them what theyre asking for. Its because im Man City so they ask for more money cause they know i have it.

my regens get 26000 £ a year

sounds like u dont know whut u are doing

Which is the quicker way to spot regens and which is the best date to do that ?

thanks

I usually send my scouts to look at u-19 leagues in Germany, France, Spain and Holland.

When November (every season) comes I then have a look at the European championships / World Cup and go to every u-21 & u-19 national team who is in the top 3 of their group table and scout every player.

Yes some of them iI had to pay £20m for. It seems going Man City everyone expects you to pay more. I have 14 scouts searching for new-gens and they are always already snapped up before i get to them. I even tried scouting all the u-19 and u-21 national teams. I also have scouts looking at u-19 leagues in Europe. Having said that even the lower club teams ask for around £5m-20m for each of their future stars.

Yes, AI clubs are asking much more for their highly rated youngster since the new patch, which is an improvement which reflects the reality. However, it seems that some of the youngsters on youth contracts are programmed to ask for ridiculous wage demands if there is much competition for their signature with high bids being made. I have already logged this issue in the bug forum.

Actually what I meant by scouting the young players at stake with your scouts first will reveal the TRUE wage demands of the young players. What is funny is that, their wage demands will drop once they sign their first professional contract.

• Administrators

The youth players will ask for what they are worth, and what they believe they are worth in comparison to what players of similar ability are being paid. If you've gone out and signed decent players for big money, why should a player who is just as good or at least have the ability to be as good/better not demand a big contract?

• Administrators

Well determination does matter when sending scouts off to find players, this means they will look at and in theory find more players. Obviously the two most important are as you said the judging player potential and current ability.

The youth players will ask for what they are worth, and what they believe they are worth in comparison to what players of similar ability are being paid. If you've gone out and signed decent players for big money, why should a player who is just as good or at least have the ability to be as good/better not demand a big contract?

Sorry but there is no doubt this is an issue with regens. Im delighted with the amount/quality the game is finally producing but if you go to offer a 15 year old a full time contract I have seen some demanding up to 15k a week and they also never sign youth contracts even if you are a top club and they are with a minnow.

I think the regens demand is based on their 'PA'. The game knows they are going to be good players in a few years so asks for wages based on that, as opposed to their 'CA' and age.

Sorry but there is no doubt this is an issue with regens. Im delighted with the amount/quality the game is finally producing but if you go to offer a 15 year old a full time contract I have seen some demanding up to 15k a week and they also never sign youth contracts even if you are a top club and they are with a minnow.

I think the regens demand is based on their 'PA'. The game knows they are going to be good players in a few years so asks for wages based on that, as opposed to their 'CA' and age.

Generally, those regens asking for high wage are those with high CA, those 16 year kids with well above 110 CA. Those are the ones that might turn into wonderkids and future world stars. Hence, it is realistic that they ask for an amount slightly above the rest of their pals, which I think anything less than £10,000 per week will be fair amount.

SI I had one player demand 100k a week at the age of 16. That is very unrealistic with regens. It needs to be toned down a little.

Did you bid that player for a high amount of transfer fee? If you did so, the regen will automatically ask for high wage and important squad status, which is logical since you are willing to pay so much for the transfer fee. But 100K per week seems a bit too much, probably 50 to 80K per week will suffice.

Wen Jie, he is playing as Manchester City, who have almost unlimited funds. I have noticed that players will ask for more when the club has more cash. For instance, at Berwick, my senior players are mostly on under £80 with part time contracts, with the more expesive ones being on around £200 with full time contracts, whereas youth contracts are £5-£30. Even players I sign from Premier teams will at most ask for £300.

With Manchester City, even average players will ask for around £50,000. Clubs will also ask for bigger transfer fees from him since his transfer budget is also almost unlimited. I tried explaining that's what he gets for picking such a team earlier, but he did not listen.

SI I had one player demand 100k a week at the age of 16. That is very unrealistic with regens. It needs to be toned down a little.

I think this is to prevent to cheaply harvest out all the talents in a " illegal " way.

I appreciate regens don't miss and also the fact they won't come for free otherwise after 2 years you could have only super talents and that's not fair.

I think the issue is that the regens see they are in huge demand, so put a cheeky word in with their agent and ask for a big wage. There's a fair chance that if you are the only ones talking to them, they will still accept a lower offer as long as it vastly beats the one they are currently on.

Man City is now the cash piñata of the footballing world. Who wouldn't want 50k/week if others on the team in similar roles are earning as much? I know it may seem unrealistic, but I doubt that promising youngsters at less prominently wealthy clubs are demanding as much.

Just as a side note, 50k/week is laughable, in the game, forget real life. I'm LLMing, just got promoted to the CCC, and my entire team's wage budget is 50k/week...there are players in the division that make well over that. Gotta love those small clubs, eh? ;)

the more money you have the more they make you pay i did a expirement using a in game editor

when i had only bout 100k left in wage budget the player asked for 14k wages then i used the in game editor to bump my wage budgets the same player asked for almost 50k wages so it goes to show it all about how much money you have to what they demand from you

but even with man united and wigan ive got some regens for good wages and others asked for enourmous amounts even though there wasnt all that much diffrence in there current ablity

and almost all of my top regens come from brazil and argentina make sure there are scouts in both them places to pick up top regens for good prices

Archived