Database size v playable leagues - Game speed

Hi guys, i have a question which may have been addressed before, if so apologies and feel free to direct me to the appropriate link.

I have been playing FM on laptops for a number of years, around a year ago i got a laptop with the following spec:

Intel ® Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00 GHz

2gig RAM

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

356MB graphics memory

Vista

It seemed well above minumum specs for 08, and when 09 came out still seemed to be to be decent, other than the lack of graphics card. I dont play with 3d on at all, so i figured the graphics card would not make much difference (since there is nothing graphic intensive without the 3d?)

However i am finding more and more that FM is running fairly slowly, and even sticking and becoming unresponsive when i try to click on tactics during a match for example.

I am trying to figure out if i just dont have a good enough laptop, if i am trying to run too much detail, or if it could be something else.

I usually run around 10 leagues from 2 or 3 countries, always run huge database and also always run windowed mode.

I dont run much else in the background when playing FM, perhaps just webrowser, IM programe and occasionaly a file folder or two.

So what could be causing the game to run slow/freeze up? Am i being to ambitious in terms of database size and or leagues? would this directly effect speed when watching a match for example?

I did a fresh install of Vista after a full format recently, and there was not much of a noteable speed up after this.

Any ideas?

ok i looked at the CPU usage and the RAM usage as i play, RAM runs at about 68%, which seems to suggest its not a lack or RAM slowing me down.

Processor usage seems to fluctuate wildly, and sometimes hits 100% and stays there for a few minutes.

Does the DB size actually effect the processor usage needed? I assuedm the active leagues would have a far large impact, as this is what drives how many fixtures have to run in the background?

Without more information it's impossible to say why your game is running slow. It clearly isn't a lack of RAM but your CPU isn't the quickest so all I can suggest is turn off any unnesessary background processes that might be hogging your system. Otherwise, maybe you are being too ambitious with what you are running although I would have thought 10 leagues and a large (huge?) database would be okay with your specs. In my experience, the size of the database doesn't slow it down as long as you have enough RAM so I wouldn't have thought the size of the database was the issue here, but I could be wrong.

Archived