Transfer bids being "leaked" - can you stop this?

Hi all,

I'm finding that whenever I bid for a player my assistant manager infroms me that news of the bid has been leaked (and he doesnt know the source...). I remember in a previous version of fm you could check a box that said 'make bid public'...i can't see anything similar this tiem round. Is there something I'm missing or something in the settings that would keep my bids private?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Yeah I remember in previous games (I think) you could choose the option, whilst bidding, to make it public or private. Dont know what happened to this?

You still can. It's "private" by default, and it doesn't really matter. It gets leaked out anyway. The next thing you know, clubs are making bids for the player as well.

It is unfortunately one of those things in football nowadays. Agents just love to see if they can get a better price for their player so they get a bigger slice of the pie. So whenever we show interest in a player, other clubs around the same rep get informed by the god damn agent.....or it's a mole inside your club. Where's Jack Bauer when we need him? :p

I think it would be a good idea for the future if you could have some sort of internal investigation into who is doing all this leaking and take approporiate disaplinary measures against him (or her!). I know it would probably only be a cosmetic feature initally but I think it would be a good addition because I am sure that if this happened at a real life club then the person leaking this news would be disaplined and if it happens irl then it should also be in FM.

just sack staff who you think it is

then if it stops you have sorted out the culprit or if it continues you have lost your backroom staff, risky but effective if u guess right.

by the way it is more often the same nationality coach / scout that leaks when you place a bid for a player but not always. I get leaks whenever i bid for an italien player i have 2 really good italien coaches and dont want to sack them so i just carry on and allow the bids to become public knowledge ;)

Anybody else noticed that if you spend time looking at a player's stats there can sometimes be a story about you being interested in him?

Liverpool went into admin on mine so I was looking at a few players without scouting or adding to shortlist and next thing I knew Mascherano and Torres were being linked with me by the media. Wasn't that realistic though - the rumours turned out to be true and I signed em a few days later. That never happens in real life :p.

Hi all,

I'm finding that whenever I bid for a player my assistant manager infroms me that news of the bid has been leaked (and he doesnt know the source...). I remember in a previous version of fm you could check a box that said 'make bid public'...i can't see anything similar this tiem round. Is there something I'm missing or something in the settings that would keep my bids private?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

dont think it makes any differnce anyway. i bougth two 15 year old german midfielders who are extremeley highly rated. both of them my ass man tells me the bids been leaked but no one else bid for them. it took me a couple of months to negotiate a good deal and i would expect another top team to go for them considering how good they are.

i find this feature useless, i've had a few leaks for some very good players and some average players aswell, but never caused any other teams to even be interested let alone bid for them!!!

In a few cases there have been rival bids but i think other clubs were interested in these players before teh "leak". I agree with other posters that its probably just a cosmetic feature but I made started this thread cos it's really annoying that every time you make a bid you get this message. Wanted a way to turn it off (telling my a.m to shut up would be nice).

i disagree that this thing doesn't matter or is useless.

i'm at man city and i made a bit for Joao Moutinho. My Assman tells me that the bid was leaked and Inter Milan popped out of nowhere to make a similar bid. Unsurprisingly, Moutinho opted for Inter, leaving me to find another central midfielder!

i disagree that this thing doesn't matter or is useless.

i'm at man city and i made a bit for Joao Moutinho. My Assman tells me that the bid was leaked and Inter Milan popped out of nowhere to make a similar bid. Unsurprisingly, Moutinho opted for Inter, leaving me to find another central midfielder!

I'm going to hazard a guess that Inter will bid anyway whether it was 'leaked' or not.

• 8 months later...

im playing with a blue square noth side and whenever i try to sign someone, the transfer gets leaked and out of nowhere teams from league 1 and league 2 start bidding. i can never make a coup like this.

the difference between my game n u guys is that mine its the coach who tells me the transfer was leaked so im guessing the assman did it.

I've read somewhere from a SI member (can't remember who, sorry) that you could make a bid, then after that remove that player from your shortlist, then when asked, offer him the contract and again remove him from the shortlist. I dont know if that works, or if it works every single time, but it certainly can't hurt.

Hi guys, here's the guide to make bids undetected by other clubs.

1-Create a new shortlist and save it.

2- Go to view shortlist, set active shortlist, and UN-tick your saved shortlist from active, leaving only the default one.

3-From now on, all your players your make a bid for, go into your shortlist not active, therefore undetected by other clubs.

Take care

• 1 year later...
Hi guys, here's the guide to make bids undetected by other clubs.

1-Create a new shortlist and save it.

2- Go to view shortlist, set active shortlist, and UN-tick your saved shortlist from active, leaving only the default one.

3-From now on, all your players your make a bid for, go into your shortlist not active, therefore undetected by other clubs.

Take care

Thanks mate. Have been searching for hours for this information.

I'm playing online and I don't want my partners to see the players who are in my shortlist. With that option I can now have my players in the shortlist and still subscribe them, not having to go one by one and hiding my interest in them.

Archived