Made a silly mistake regarding age..

guess i was excited to play, well i stuck on 1978 instead of my real age of 88. Meaning i have knocked 10 years off my life of : ( I am in the middle of a very good season also, is there anyway i can change my age mid game?

Thanks guys!

When you read that sentence back to yourself, you will see it doesn't make sense. What I assume you mean is that you are 20 not 88, for reasons that I'm not too sure about, probably realism based if you put a date of birth under 25 years old it will default to making you 30 hence the 1978 popped up. You probably did put 1988 in but the game considers that too young to be a manager, I guess it stops silly message when some 14 year old kid plays and saying 14 year old Ben Dover takes over as England manager sounds a bit strange.

I don't know how to change it after its in there but really it makes no difference whatsoever.

When you read that sentence back to yourself, you will see it doesn't make sense. What I assume you mean is that you are 20 not 88, for reasons that I'm not too sure about, probably realism based if you put a date of birth under 25 years old it will default to making you 30 hence the 1978 popped up. You probably did put 1988 in but the game considers that too young to be a manager, I guess it stops silly message when some 14 year old kid plays and saying 14 year old Ben Dover takes over as England manager sounds a bit strange.

I don't know how to change it after its in there but really it makes no difference whatsoever.

Nah, sentance makes perfect sense. I put 1978 instead of 88 (meaning 1988, 20 years old) But in that case i guess it dont make much of a difference then if it would of not mattered anyway even if it was correct. Thanks anyway dude

Nah, sentance makes perfect sense. I put 1978 instead of 88 (meaning 1988, 20 years old) But in that case i guess it dont make much of a difference then if it would of not mattered anyway even if it was correct. Thanks anyway dude

sentance [sic] does not make sense, unless you are aged 88, in which case you would have given yourself more years left of life by a considerable margin.

Apologies, grammar is one of my pet-peeves. It especially annoys me when the error actually leads to the sentence meaning something completely different.

As for the topic, I have never understood why you can set your age to 26 and be 26, but if you set your age to 24, you will be 30 in the game.

Archived