Turning off real palyers

As for as I know when you turn of real players at the start of a new game, all players in the game are now regens/newgens and so are not versions off real life players with different names, but I have a player in my game, he is an England international, right midfield/centre midfield, he plays for La Galaxy(although I have bought him as I am justing checking out this way of playing Fm with regens/newgens only), his favoured clubs are Man U and Real madrid, and his stats would seem to fit a Beckham type player( maybe a younger Becks though:p), so can anyone confirm that the players should be completely random?

It just gives the players different names I'm afraid, so it's not too difficult to work out who's who. Seeing as regen's can be easily generated it seems a bit lazy on SI's behalf, although I guess they need too keep teams at a similar level.

If you wanted to have totally new players I'd holiday for 20 years at the beginning then start from there.

presumably its a way of keeping teams at the same level of competency. to make sure that acmilans players are of the same skill set to allow them to compete in their competitions, and likewise make sure accrington stanly are of the correct skill set would probably be more difficult.

ok thanks, I just thought to ask as Barca have an irish striker who seems to be quite good, so are the nationalities etc random but the quality of the players are at the same level for the big teams as they are in real life.

As far as I know (in FM08 anyway) almost everything can (but not all of it will) change about a player in a fake player game. THIS IS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE IN FM2008 AND IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL!

The things that cannot change is PA, position(s) and squad numbers.

Everything else can change. Name, nationality, international record, height and weight (although the're only cosmetic) etc. CA rarely changes but I have seen it happen.

As far as I know (in FM08 anyway) almost everything can (but not all of it will) change about a player in a fake player game. THIS IS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE IN FM2008 AND IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL!

The things that cannot change is PA, position(s) and squad numbers.

Everything else can change. Name, nationality, international record, height and weight (although the're only cosmetic) etc. CA rarely changes but I have seen it happen.

I think your right that seems to be the way it is in my game, I seen a striker from man u who has everton and man u as favourite clubs and has the same/similar stats as Rooney but he's Scottish.

I think your right that seems to be the way it is in my game, I seen a striker from man u who has everton and man u as favourite clubs and has the same/similar stats as Rooney but he's Scottish.

lol many rangers fans would claim he is John Fleck apart from the favoured clubs part :D

Archived